Captured and Caged

Chapter 1

Sammy's POV

I woke up in the morning to the sun shining through my windows. I sat up in bed arching my back and stretching my arms out wide. Slowly, I made my way out of my bed and worked my way over to my windows to open them.

The spring breeze hit my face and I took in a deep breath, embracing ever second of it. I love spring, it's one of my favorite seasons. The sound of birds chirping rang in my ears making me smile. I took one last breath and shut my windows.

I slipped on my blue fuzzy slippers and pulled on my matching blue robe preparing myself to go down stairs. I walked out of my bedroom door and walked down the hallways to the stairs. Pictures of kids my mom has helped lined the wall, every single picture with a kid smiling and there story underneath. My mom always talked about how if she could adopt every kids she ever worked with, she would. Since she can't adopt all them she mentors them and finds them great family's to help turn there life's around. All the kids she helps love her, she gets multiple letters a week on how previous kids are doing and what's going on in there life. My mom is a fantastic person, and a great role model to me.

As I reached the stairs and began going down them I traced my fingers on the pattern carved into the wooden rail. My dad made this rail when I was younger and I have always been fascinated with it, I always walk slowly down the stairs to trace the pattern. I don't see my dad often. He's over seas serving out country, it's hard with him being soldier, he misses out on a lot, but he is gone for a good reason. So it's okay with me.

As I stepped off the last step I started walking to my kitchen, and was greeted by my very happy mom.

"Hi, Sweetie." She said smiling and flipping the omelet she was cooking on the stove. "Sit down at the table. I'll bring all this food over there in just a second" She continues waving me off.

"Okay!" I said smiling at her. She must be working with a new kid today that she likes; which is just about every kid she works with. I sat down at the table waiting patiently and reading a book I had on my phone that I had just bought.

"Here you go hun." My mom said setting a plate in front of me with a delicious looking omelet on it. The smell of it made my mouth water, I quickly sat down my phone and began eating.

"Thanks mom!" I said with my mouth full. I was scarfing down every bite as if someone was threatening to take it away.

"Slow down Sammy, jeez I know I'm an amazing cook but it's not going anywhere!" My mom said starring at me with wide eyes and laughing.

"I know mom, I just can't help myself." I replied also laughing.

" Alright Sammy, well finish up and then go shower we are going to Mandy's house. She just moved and is having a house warming party." My mom said.

" Okay, what should I wear?" I asked curiously. My moms eyes instantly lit up.

"Wear that new blue sundress I bought you and your blue wedges to match and straighten your hair." She said smiling. My mom loves picking what I wear, and I must say she has very good style. I nodded my head and headed up stairs to shower and get ready.

When I finished showering I grabbed my purse and phone and walked down stairs meeting my mom at the door.

"Wow sweetie you look gorgeous." My mom said starring at me.

"Thanks mom." I said smiling. "You look beautiful too." I replied while walking out the door and getting into her car. She was driving today, we take turns every since I got my license about a year ago.

We arrived at Mandy's taking in her gorgeous new house. It's honestly stunning we walked through taking in every piece of her new house an stepped in the backyard. So many people were in the backyard and her backyard was huge. I avoided almost everyone and their stuck up rich conversations about who owned more and went straight to the food table.