Chapter 8

Sammy's POV

After I get up stairs I hug the girls even though Crow instructed us not to. I'm not sure when I'm going to see them again. "Scar, Gold, things are going to be okay." I say reassuringly. The girls just nod and we all go our separate ways.

After I'm in my room I decide to look at the damage on my face from Crow's hits. I stand looking in the mirror, my face is still stinging and very red. Both my eyes are blood shot from crying and I have no doubts I'm going to have a big bruise tomorrow morning.

This is life so different, my parents would never hit me. I miss them so much it hurts. I miss my moms cooking, my dad's and I's crazy conversations. I wonder how they're handling all of this. I'm their life, their only child and I am all they have except for each other. I hope they're looking for me, and I hope they find me soon because I don't know how long I can take it here before I completely break down.

I shower quickly the hot water hits my face stinging the area that was hit. I don't really mind the pain though it takes my mind off where I am for a little.

After I'm done I get out and change into the first pair of pajamas I see and go to sit on my bed. Melody is tweeting a little song and rocking back and forth in her cage. The sound of her song is so sweet, and so loving. It makes me pity her. How can a bird who's caged sound so happy? Surely she doesn't like it here, I don't know how anyone could.

Laying here on my bed and listening to Melody sing is very relaxing. I pull her cage over to my bed so the sound is closer and I close my eyes. I imagine being home, I imagine that I'm laying on my own bed right now and the tweeting is coming from a bird on the tree next to my window. I imagine I can smell my mom's cooking in the kitchen, that my dad is home an I could hear them laughing in the hallway. I imagine the railing by my stairs and the pattern I would be tracing while walking down it to go have dinner with my happy family. I imagine everything that I love, and it is absolutely heartbreaking.

I open my eyes allowing myself to come back to reality. I didn't even realize it, but I'm humming along with Melody, and my eyes are coated with tears. I almost never cried before I came here, but since I've been here I cry every night or anytime I'm alone. My dreams and imagining are the only places I'm happy anymore, but when I wake up reality smacks me in the face ten times harder.

I hate it.

I decide to try to go to sleep so I can still wake up in time for a shower and breakfast. I fall asleep quickly and enter my dream.

*Sammy's dream*

"Hey sweetie." My mom says hugging me tightly and kissing me on the cheek. "How are you?"

"Good mom! Can you make me an omelet for breakfast? Pretty please!" I say batting my eyelashes at her, this always works.

"Well I suppose honey." My mom replies turning to go to the kitchen.

"Thanks!" I chirp excitedly smiling at her. "I love you mom!"

"Love you to Sammy." She says her smile lighting up her whole face.

I let her cook me my food and then she sits down at the table and we have a nice little conversation.

"So mom, when does dad come back into town?"

"Soon, like next week on Wednesday. He was looking forward to seeing you." She said frowning at me.

"Mom? What do you mean "was"? I say confused.

"Sweetie, you've been missing for about a week now? We don't know where you are? Where are you honey? I miss you, I miss you so much. Your dad doesn't even know your gone, he's going to be so devastated sweetie. I need to find you. I love you." My mom says as her eyes glaze over with tears.

"Mommy" I whisper. "Mommy I'm right here" I say as I begin crying, "Mom, please look at me!" I beg trying to get up from my chair and move towards her, but I'm stuck. I can't get up. " Mommy please! Crow has me! Me and two other girls! Please Mommy we're in a huge house, we're caged in like animals mommy! He thinks were birds Mommy please!" I beg trying to break free from the chair nothing's working. I can't breath I can't move. I am completely helpless. I can't even take another breath, I feel like I'm going to pass out, I'm suffocating on my words. What's happening?"

**Back to reality**

"Lorikeet." someone whispers shaking me gently. "Lori! Wake up! You're having a bad dream!" They say again shaking me a little harder now. I turn around and look at my surroundings confused as to where I am.

Then it comes back to me, I was never home. It was all a bad dream. My poor mom. She's breaking down and I can't even help her. I have never seen her so sad before in my whole 16 years of life. I'm crying, I can't stop. Why? Why is all this happening to me? Why can't I make my mom happy? Why? I thought to myself as I cried harder. Someone was rocking me. I look behind me and I discover it's Crow.

"Shhhh, Birdie it's okay, shhhh. Hush now, I'm here it's okay Lori shhhh." He cooes to me which only makes want to throw up.

"I- I'm okay." I stutter pulling away slowly.

"No your not Lori, come here!" Crow says holding me tighter.

"Really!" I say pulling away. "I just want to take a shower and then get ready for breakfast." He nods letting me go.

"Birdie, I'm sorry to tell you, but you guys don't get breakfast this morning. You are still being punished, take your shower and do you chores. It's Monday so make sure you get them right." Crow instructs. All his gentleness and worry disappear and the same psycho guy that hit me comes back out. He walks out of my room slamming the door behind him.

I shower quickly dressing in my cleaning out fit and getting ready to do my chores. I haven't seen the girls all day, an I was just beginning on the kitchen and everything included with it. I search the cupboards finding 409 to clean the counters with, and garbage bags to take out the trash. I also washed the dishes and vacuumed the first floor all within two hours. The only thing to do now is my room.

I walk into my room wondering how the girls are doing today, I haven't seen them since we tried to escape yesterday night. I have a feeling Annaleigh will be losing it right about now. Scarlett on the other hand I really don't know. She didn't really seem affected by the whole situation. To my surprise she didn't even fall like the rest of us, she stood her ground until he punched her in the stomach and pushed her over. She's a very strong girl, something I didn't know about her until yesterday.

I finish cleaning my room, and go to take a shower. After showering I go lay down. I want to attempt to catch up on sleep. We don't get dinner tonight since we're still being punished.

I lay there as the moonlight shines in my caged window. I quickly say the prayer my mom and I say every night and then go to sleep.

*** Weelllll this was longer !!!! So hope you enjoy !***