Chapter 6

Sammy's POV

I woke up in the morning to my bird Melody chirping. She's like my personal alarm clock now, and I must say she is my favorite part about this horrible place. I quickly shower and then dress in my new wardrobe. It's a little bit to revealing for my liking, but I'm sure Crow loves it. After I dress, I let my hair down to dry naturally and then head out to go sit by Melody. I sit by her for the last few minutes that I have before going down stairs. I'm going to try to take her with me when we escape tonight, she really shouldn't have to live with such a horrible person. NOONE should.

After a little time passes by I go down stairs to join breakfast. This morning Crow just has doughnuts and milk set up all across the table. They all look bland and unappetizing but it's all we get so I have to eat one of them anyways. After eating in silence for a few minutes Crow decided to talk.

"Good morning Birdies." Crow says looking at the three of us."Here are your everyday chores Sunday through Friday, on Saturdays we are going to have complete family days. I'm glad I get to give you your chores today because it's a Sunday! What a perfect day to start! If you do not complete your chores, there obviously will be repercussions. The repercussions can be anywhere from being locked in your room, to no food for a certain amount of time, or no girls time, or just about whatever else I can think of. All I know is that it definitely won't be pleasant, and that's a promise." Crow finishes making eye contact with every single one of us, as he starts sliding our papers of chores over to us.

"Do you guys have any objections?" Crow says curiously. We all stay silent. "Good." Crow says obviously amused.

We all ate pretty quickly so he could dismiss us to girl's time. He says we don't start chores until noon. Which gives us time to find cleaning clothes, and more importantly find everything we need to complete our chores to his liking.

*

We all made our way up the long stairs with our chores list in hand. As we are walking up the stairs I offer to do girls time in my room this time. Anna agrees, and Scarlett kind of, just follows. As Scar and I made our way into my room Anna stops at her room to grab her notebook with the escape plan in it.

"Alrighty." I said plopping down on my bed. "What are your chores Annaleigh?"

"Annaleigh?" She said a little shocked.

"Well yeah silly that's your name! As long as Crows not around we can use our real names. We just have to be careful because, if he hears us I'm sure he will be pretty mad and lash out at us." I say calmly. I had already thought all this out last night.

"Okay." Annaleigh says quietly.

"Okay well do you want to tell us your chores now?" I say.

"Sure," Anna started. "On Sunday I have to do all the laundry, I have to clean the bathroom on the second floor, vacuum the second floor, and do my room. At the end of the my list he says that includes everything as in the floors toilets putting away laundry possibly shampooing the carpets, and my room has to be PERFECT. And he gave a little note saying not to enter the 4th through 8th floor due to construction? Whatever that means." Anna finished looking kind of irritated. "On Monday I have to go around the house in the main rooms, like the living area dining room, kitchen, bathrooms, our rooms and dust every little thing, fans, desk, t.v's everything except Crow's room. I guess that's an all day activity and then after that the days just switch on and off." Annaleigh says pretty mad. "So what did the devil give to you two?" She finishes curiously.

"Well on Sunday I have to clean the living room, I have to vacuum the third floor and do my room, he also said that everything has to be perfect and to leave the 4th to 8th floor alone. On Monday I have to clean all the doorknobs in the house other than on the 4th to 8th floor." Scarlett says pretty quietly. She doesn't even seem upset at all. She just seems quiet.

"We'll I guess it's my turn then." I say a little to excited. " On Sunday I have the kitchen, and dining room to clean, including all dishes and garbage and mopping when necessary, I have to vacuum the first floor, and do my room and on Monday I have to clean all the windows in view, without going into bedrooms or bathrooms. Mine switch off every other day just like you guys too." I finish.

We all sit in silence thinking to ourselfs until noon struck, then we begin on our long list of chores. Later we finish around 7. They seem simple but they take FOREVER. We eat a small dinner tonight and then head up to our rooms. As we are on the stairwell Anna announces to meet at her room at 3a.m and she would tell us the plan since we forgot to go over it in girls time.

I go into my room shower and then talk to Melody.

"Hi there Melody, we're going to escape tonight! So be prepared." I blow a kiss to her say a prayer in my head and lay down to rest up for the big night.

***3 a.m******

"How do you think this is going to work!?" I say pretty scared. When she went over the plan at girls time I felt like it was very rushed and under thought.

"Look," Annaleigh replies. "This is the best I can do right now! So work with it."

"Alright." I say giving in as we began her plan. We traveled down too the 2nd floor and look in the rooms, there is absolutely nothing that we can use to our advantage. We are going into this completely unarmed and practically relieing on hope. Hopefully that's enough. We travel down the first floor making sure we are extra quiet and not to wake up Crow. As we finish making our way down the steps we slowly creep into the living room and head over to the big glass window over looking the yard. Just as we are about to open the main window a voice echos comes from the top of the stairs.

"Going somewhere?" Crow asks viciously.