Chapter 34

⚠️ Trigger warning: Strong language and violence.

=====

"We're here." Boyd announced.

Lumabas agad ako ng kotse at sandaling pinagmasdan ang building na nasa tapat. There's a huge signage at the very top and I think it's the casino's name: La Riqueza.

Boyd, carrying a black suitcase, had just exited the car when I turned to face him. My other bodyguards had also just gotten out of their cars, so I nodded at Boyd to let him know we should leave.

Walking towards the entrance, I fixed my racing jacket and ran my fingers through my hair to keep me distracted and get a hold of my emotions.

There are lots of scenarios running through my mind, and one of them is crushing Elson's freaking face into ash as soon as I see him, but I'm aware that I can't do that... yet.

"Good evening, madame. May I help you?" A man wearing formal attire approached me. His name is Yule, based on the nameplate that was pinned on the right part of his chest.

I just showed him the VIP card for this casino that I got from Daddy Lo. He's not really a gambler though. It's just that there are facilities and establishments that he needs to get a hold of to connect with other people since he's a businessman.

"This way please." Yule showed us the way to the VIP area. We rode an elevator to reach the ground floor and we stepped out right away when the door opened. "Please enjoy your stay."

I slid my hands inside the pockets of my jacket and walked casually towards the card table where I spotted my target.

The area is huge but compared to the crowded first floor this area has very few people. All the things around here scream elegance and luxury as well, but it's not surprising for me.

When I was a few steps away from the table, I felt Boyd's hand slightly pressing on my shoulder as if he were telling me to stop, so I did. Boyd and Kael are with me while the other boys are assigned as backups and are securing the area. Kael is our other backup, who is also holding a metal suitcase.

I watched Boyd whisper to one of the guys na tingin ko ay bodyguard naman ni Elson because they're the only people here who are wearing a plain black suit and a black shirt inside, like it's a sort of uniform.

After they conversed, the bodyguard went to Elson and whispered again. The man looked at me and smirked, making me roll my eyes in annoyance.

Even though he's giving off a strong aura of power and authority, this Elson guy really looks annoying. He's actually a good-looking man with his neatly brushed-up hair, it disgusts me how evil use beauty as a facade.

"Have a seat, lady." Elson talked and offered the empty chair on his right. I shook my head.

"I don't gamble."
His serious eyes didn't leave me, as if he were mentally scanning me while playing the thick gold ring on his left pinky.

If he thinks he can intimidate everyone with that look, well, too bad for him that he came across an Alcantara. Those kinds of looks don't have any effect on me. Daddy Lo and Mommy Tami are way scarier than him if they're dead serious.

I can also feel that everyone's attention is now on me, but I don't give a damn.

"Then why are you here? This is La Riqueza, a gambling place." He emphasized the word gambling, kaya hindi ko napigilang mapangisi.

"Oh, I'm glad you asked. I'm here to get my woman back." I replied and scanned the place, but I couldn't see any trace of her.

Kanina ko pa iniikot ang paningin ko sa paligid hoping that I can finally see Chantel but she's not around. I'm expecting na siya agad ang makikita ko but the fact that I can't see her makes me more worried than I already am.