Chapter 17

I slowed down from walking when I realized that I'm almost running. Lumabas agad ako ng room kanina ng ma-receive ko and text message ni Boyd and now I'm rushing towards the most famous bar here in Enchantress, the Pier One.

"Where is she?" I asked Boyd when I saw him standing near the entrance.

Dito pa lang ay rinig ko na agad ang malakas na music na nanggagaling sa loob na dumadagdag pa sa init ng ulo ko.

"She's at the bar counter. A man approached her earlier but I think they know each other kaya hindi na ako nangialam."

I nod my head after kong pakinggan ang sinabi niya at tumuloy na rin ako sa pagpasok sa loob ng bar. As expected ay napakaraming tao ang sumalubong sa paningin ko pero mabuti na lang ay hindi ako nahirapan hanapin ang bar counter kaya nakita ko agad ang pakay ko.

Just like what Boyd said, she's really with a guy. Dalawa lang silang nasa tapat ng bar counter so I sat on the stool next to the man and ordered a glass of margarita.

"Does he know that you're here?" I heard the guy ask.

I silently took a sip from the glass of my margarita that the bartender just handed me. And that moment, bigla kong naisip kung bakit ako nandito ngayon at sinasadya pang makinig sa usapan nila. I even asked Boyd to look after Miss Carter tonight dahil naghiwa-hiwalay na kami kanina pagkatapos manood ng live band. Kabisado ko na ata ang pwedeng gawin nito at malakas ang kutob kong magpapakalasing na naman siya and I'm afraid that something bad might happen to her.

"For the nth time, Jacob. Please leave me alone."

My grip on the glass tightened after hearing Miss Carter and I suddenly felt an urge to drag the jerk outside the bar but I keep my cool.

You need to relax, Aiana. Do not make any move yet.

"Just one night, Olivia. Hindi naman makakarating 'to sa kanya unless you'll tell him--"

"I said I'm not coming!"

Hindi ko na napigilang mapatingin sa dalawang nasa gilid ko 'cause I never heard Miss Carter shout like that.

"How dare you shout at me--" He stood up and was about to hit her but I immediately grab the bottle of whatever alcohol he's drinking and aimed it at his face.

"Land a finger on her and this bottle will land on your face too." Seryosong sambit ko na nagpahinto sa kanya.

He turned to me after putting his hand down. Anger was written on his face, eyes are glaring at me but I felt nothing.

"And who the fuck are you? Do you even know who you're bumping into?"

"Nope and I'm not interested to know about trash like you. You don't know me either, mister." I answered and shrugged my shoulders while staring back at him coldly.

"You piece of--"

"Hold it right there, man." Boyd appeared and caught his fist. He was about to punch me but I didn't bother to move 'cause I know it will never hit me. "Go now, Aia. Leave this to me."

Nakangisi kong inabot ang hawak kong bottle kay Boyd ng hindi pinuputol ang tingin ko sa gago para lalo itong inisin. After seeing his jaw clenched with anger ay hinawakan ko na sa braso si Miss Chantel at hinila ito palabas ng bar.

"You should have left the bar kung ayaw ka talaga niyang tantanan. Please think about your safety next time, Miss Carter." I uttered.

Hindi naman ito sumagot kaya napabuntong hininga na lang ako and decided to keep my mouth shut hanggang sa tuluyan kaming makalayo sa Pier One. Huminto ako at binitawan ang braso niya pero laking gulat ko ng makita itong umiiyak paglingon ko.