What Do you Mean the Wedding is Still Going On?

Davina P.O.V.

I sat in the living room the next day with Carlisle, Jasper, and Emmett, watching the news. They're were reporting about Seattle at the moment.

A blond news reporter stood on the TV, police car lights on behind her in a dark intersection on a block off street. "Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer. Reporting live-"

Carlisle turned the TV off as Edward and Bella came into the room, wrapping an arm around my shoulder where I sat between him and Jasper. "It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something."

Emmett was slowly punching his fist into his hand where he sat on the back of the couch instead of actually sitting on it properly.

"Emmett, sit on the furniture right." I muttered under my breath. Emmett didn't listen to me, shooting me a cocky grin instead.

I hadn't told them about Uncle Josh or Dad or whatever I was supposed to call him. I mean, I told them he had died, I just didn't say Victoria was the one who killed him.

Not that Marcel knew who Victoria was. He had just said there was red hair at the scene that they couldn't match to anyone so I was almost certain it was Victoria. I couldn't really think of anyone else.

The only thing I couldn't figure out was why. Surely she couldn't know what Uncle Josh and Marcel had provided me with, could she?

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting." Jasper said, still staring at the blank TV as he said this. "Quite a few more. And they're undisciplined, conspicuous."

"It's newborns." Edward said.

Carlisle looked up and Bella looked between everyone and then asked, "What, like new vampires?"

"In the first few months after the change." Edward explained.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable. Vicious. Insane with thirst." Jasper said. Carlisle tightened his arm around me.

"Something to look forward to." Emmett said. I scoffed.

"No one's trained these newborns, but this isn't random." Jasper said.

"Someone's creating an army." Carlisle said softly.

"Well now we're definitely going to Seattle." Emmett said, getting up off the couch excitedly.

"Like what?" I asked angrily. "Today? Absolutely not."

"An army of vampires?" Bella asked skeptically.

"And they've been created to fight someone." Jasper explained.

"Oh wow, let me guess. Hmm, us." I muttered sarcastically under my breath. "Lucky us."

Edward glared at me while Emmett grinned.

"Mom's right. We're the only clan even close to Seattle." Edward said.

"Regardless of why they were made," Carlisle interjected, "if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will. I'm surprised they let it go on this long."

"Maybe they're behind it." Edward and I said at the same time.

Edward continued, "In Italy, I read Aro's mind. He wants me, Alice, and Davina to join him but he knows we'll never choose him as long as our family's still alive."

"An army could solve that for him." Jasper said while Carlisle's arm grew even tighter around me still.

I was going to have to enact my plan. And I was going to have to enact it soon.