Fantastic. We're so Screwed

We had only been back in the house a few days when Bella called Edward asking for him and Carlisle to come help her as she had seen Irina and Irina had seen Jacob.

Carlisle and Edward were gone in a flash.

It had been a couple of slow days. Caroline, Samuel, and Niklaus were a little bigger, definitely able to walk, talk, and eat on their own. They were being more mature than Renesmee when it came to eating, hunting deer with us instead of supplementing with human blood bags. Of course, that might've been the werewolf in their system.

And to be fair, it seemed they didn't need blood at all, which then made me wonder if I even needed blood. So I was off blood at the moment. I had only ever really hunted when Carlisle hunted but now I wasn't per his request so he could study me.

Of course, they were fairly normal for kids, still turning their noses up at vegetables- not that I blamed them in the slightest- but I could always compromise cauliflower with carrots or corn instead.

Leah and Seth were not enthusiastic about the idea of our entire family heading off to South America. I knew Jacob was arguing about him going along with us, but I wasn't entirely sure if Leah had the patience to travel with vampires. I knew Seth could do it though.

I was tempted to leave Samuel and Caroline here, let them stay on the Rez with Leah and Seth. But at the same time, I was afraid of what might happen if they did stay here.

Jared and Paul were relentlessly teasing me about being a tan vampire- as having come back from a Caribbean beach had done wonders for my skin.

However, all in all, Carlisle and Edward had not been able to find Irina. I wasn't entirely sure if I even wanted her to be found and here. We had to many werewolf friends here and I wasn't ready to hurt one of Carlisle's friends to protect my family- but I would if I had to.

And so the days passed. I went down to La Push every other day with some sort of baked treat that Jared claimed got better ever since I became a vampire. Sam told me that he and Emily were going to get married soon- in May. I was excited for them of course.

"You know." I told Sam when we were alone at the beach the other day. Alone meaning standing away from the others who were playing soccer. The wolf girls were lounging on the beach with Caroline, Niklaus, and Samuel, playing with them. Claire and Quil were there too. "Carlisle, as a wedding present, he bought me an island."

Sam scoffed, rolling his eyes, "An entire island?"

"Yep. That's actually where we spent our honeymoon." I said with a grin, "Isle Davina."

Sam snickered, "You didn't want to change that name?"

"Well it's actually Isle Beloved." I said with a bit of a grimace, "But I think Isle Davina is better. But anyways, I can give you the address if you want to take Emily there for your guys' honeymoon."

Sam's kidding attitude was gone in a flash, "Really?" He sounded astounded.

"Yeah. I mean, it's mine technically so I can do whatever I want with it. There's a really nice house there and the island is very quiet. It's got basically everything you need there and there's a cleaning crew that will show up every two weeks. Stay as long as you want. Have some fun. You two deserve it." I said with a grin.

"Thanks Davina." Sam said, pulling me into a side hug.

"Don't worry ugly, I've got your back." I winked and then moved away so that I could go into the water.

***

The worst day of my perfect life came in the most mundane moment. Embry was over, visiting with Bree again. Leah and Seth were there too. Quil and Jacob on the other hand were down at the Rez. Jacob was setting things up with Sam about him leaving with us.