Well, That Went Well

Davina P.O.V.

Once out of the hospital, Sam took me grocery shopping. I had protested because I felt like I was wasting his time until he pointed out that I could fit more groceries into his truck bed than the carriers on the motorcycle.

"I heard Prom is coming up at your school." Sam said as we moved down the pasta aisle as I looked for plain spaghetti and tomato sauce.

"Ugh." I grumbled. "What a kid thing."

Sam laughed. "You do realize you're at school right?"

"Just for some of the classes I couldn't get on the army base." I muttered. "So I can get my high school diploma."

Sam tossed the pasta into the cart. I glared at him, "I prefer my pasta not broken."

He picked the pasta box up and pinched it between his fingers. I could swear I heard the pasta break in the box.

I seethed, snatching the box away from him, "Sam!"

He laughed.

"Anyways." I muttered, "Mike invited me down to La Push for a beach party."

Sam grinned, "When?"

"Saturday."

"Interesting. I'll be there."

"Don't you dare embarrass me in front of my friends Sammy boy." I threatened.

"I won't if you intern at the La Push hospital instead." Sam blackmailed.

I rolled my eyes. I had a feeling that Sam knew about Carlisle being a vampire.

Yes, I knew. I overheard the last bit of the conversation between Edward and Carlisle. Honestly, I wasn't even surprised. The ice cold skin and the beauty probably was a sign. So what did it mean for Sam's boiling hot skin?

I wasn't even terrified about the idea of being Carlisle's soulmate. Honestly, I was excited that something like that existed for me. And I hated the idea that he thought of himself as a monster. What monster works in a hospital trying to save lives?

But then, of course, that question brought up bad memories so I pushed it aside. After all, I was planning on working in a hospital.

Maybe it was redemption.

But I also didn't deserve someone like Carlisle.

"Davina?"

I jerked my head up, realizing I had drifted off into a daydream. "Sorry. What?"

"Interning at La Push." Sam continued.

I rolled my eyes again and continued walking down the aisle, "I don't know what your problem with the Cullens is Sam. Jasper and Alice are some of my closest friends and Dr. Cullen is a fantastic doctor. I could learn more under him than ten doctors put together!"

Sam gritted his teeth, pushing the cart in silence. "I don't like it."

"No Chris Evans vibes. You're not hot enough to get away with it. Besides, why? Give me one reason Sam that's all I need. One reason." I said, wishing we could get back to jesting and joking with each other. I stalked down the sweet aisle, grabbing chocolate muffins, brownies, cookies, and more.

"He's dangerous."

I snorted so loudly it hurt my throat. "Yes, very dangerous. That's why he saves lives. Don't tell me you're jealous? Me and Dr. Cullen aren't a thing. We don't want to be a thing. He's probably married for Merlin's sake! And even if he wasn't I'm basically a teenager."