La Push and Port Angeles

Davina P.O.V.

Dr. Cullen had been surprised when I had turned my folder into him on the same day that he had given it to me. I supposed I was supposed to have finished it over the weekend. Oh well, he should've made the questions harder then.

The week had been rather uneventful and now, I was riding up to La Push on my motorcycle. I hadn't wanted to go in Mike's car so I decided it would be better just to meet them all there. And that was exactly what I was doing.

I was ecstatic with how things were going. School was fine. I was alternating between sitting with the Cullens and sitting with Bella and her friends. Tyler and mine friendship wasn't as strong as mine and Sam's, but we still hung out a little bit.

And then of course, there was the hospital which was starting to become one of my favorite places on Earth.

I couldn't care less if Dr. Cullen and his family were vampires. Honestly, I reveled in the fact that these magical creatures existed.

I had done my research of course: Vampire Diaries, Dracula, Blood Ties, Vampire Academy, even I am Legend!

Hopefully, my hard work paid off and I knew a little more about what sorts of vampires the Cullens could be. It also got me to wondering if there were any other magical creatures that existed and whether or not they were dangerous or what sort of creature they'd be.

Part of me even suspected Sam was some sort of magical creature. He was startling tall when he'd been a shrimp at ten. Not to mention the sickening almost magical love between him and Emily. And of course, the heat of his skin. As a doctor in training, I knew he should be running a temperature and he was just fine.

But anyways. . .

Today was truly a wonderful day. It was maybe seventy-five degrees out- almost boiling hot for a place like Forks. The sun was shining and First Beach water was dark gray. I could see the rocks that made up the beach instead of sand. I knew that even though they were gray from far away, they were actually brilliant colours up close.

There were driftwood trees that were scattered hap-hazardely on the beach, white washed and bleached from the years in the sun and salt combined.

There was a forest off to the side that I was sure the Forks residents would want to go hiking through eventually. Meanwhile, there were actually quite a few people out on the water, surfing. I would have to get out on the water.

I loved the water. I loved swimming, I loved surfing and snorkeling and anything else you could do on water. I felt at home on the water.

I pulled up in the parking lot, parking next to Mike's van and then made my way down to the beach in my bathing suit and a wrap around my waist.

Mike and Bella were sitting next to each other as Mike started a driftwood fire. I watched the blue and green flames flicker up and heard Bella gasp.

". . .salt does it. Pretty, isn't it?" Mike asked, sitting back down on the log before Jessica turned to claim his attention.

"Hello Davina." Bella said as I sat down next to her.

"Hello Bella, how are you liking the sun today?" I asked cheekily.

"It's nice." Bella said quietly.

"You invited Edward on the trip, didn't you?"

"Yes, but he got all weird when I mentioned the beach." Bella replied.

"Hmm, that is strange. You're not going to prom either are you?" I asked.

"No, I plan on being out of town." Bella said. "You?"