That's a Fucking Tragedy Sweetheart

Davina P.O.V.

I spent a lot of time with Seth over the next couple of days. He was a great kid, sweet to talk to, so energetic, and reminded me of myself when I was younger.

I had tried being friends with Leah, but she seemed rather wary of me.

"Say." Seth asked one day, the day before we were going to go hunting the wolves. "What's the tattoo you have mean?"

"It's a sign for a wolf pack." I responded truthfully. "It means family, inclusion, love, happiness, loyalty, and a sign of a bond."

"Sam Uley has one of those tattoos." Seth said.

I nodded, "Well Sam's family to me. Guys usually get it but Sam let me get one as his sister."

"Do you think maybe one day I'd get a tattoo like that?" Seth asked excitedly.

I thought about it. Harry Clearwater technically had the wolf gene. "It's possible. It really just depends. But you don't have to worry about it now. What comes will come and what doesn't is a gift."

"Is that a quote?" Seth asked and I laughed.

"Who told you I quoted things?" I asked with a laugh.

"I heard it mentioned." Seth frowned, "I don't remember who though."

I laughed again and we continued to talk.

The next day however, I was very nervous and Harry was too.

I had a stake in my jacket pocket alongside my lighter. Harry had given me a pistol, which I knew how to use. My own handgun was technically illegal as I was twenty-one, but I had also inherited it from Dad in his will so. . .

I dressed firmly in hiking boots, stretchy jeans, and a short sleeved T-shirt that showed my wolf scar from Paul.

"Why are you going?" Leah questioned as I got ready to ride with her father in the car. I looked up at her in a little bit of surprise.

"I have good eyesight. Hopefully I can track the wolves from their prints." I lied and told the truth.

"Oh." Leah said, frowning a little.

"I also have good aim when I shoot." That was a complete truth.

Leah seemed slightly impressed and then Harry called for me.

"I'll see you later." I said with a small wave. I headed towards Harry's car and got in the passenger seat.

We drove in tense silence until we got to the meeting point. Charlie seemed a bit disoriented to see me but when Harry said he'd brought me along as a tracker, Charlie was okay with it.

Me and Harry brought up the back of the group. I was certainly nervous, looking around every opportunity I got. The farther in we went, the more I felt like I was being watched.

"Harry, I think she's here." I muttered under my breath so he could barely hear me.

He nodded, "She's probably after Charlie."

Charlie turned around as we both stopped. I had gone to wipe away a wolf track, "Got something Harry?"

I looked up and shook my head, "No."

Once Charlie turned back, I scuffed dirt over the print.

The others were spread out, hunting rifles in hand. And I was just getting more nervous, hoping the wolves were nearby.

Harry and I continued steadily, continuing to look around. That was when Victoria jumped down behind Charlie. I raised my gun in sync with Harry and Victoria turned to face us.