The Visit and More Secrets

Davina P.O.V.

I was curled up in the backseat with Sam. He had the window open, making sure he could breathe with the 'terrible vampire stench' in the car.

Carlisle was in the front drivers' seat. Emmett was in the other seat. Jasper and Alice sat in the middle row. Sam, Seth, and I were in the back.

Seth had insisted upon coming, even though I had told him he didn't have to. I think he felt obligated to because his own father had died recently. I think he wanted to be there for me and it just made me feel worse for not being there for his own father.

Edward, Rosalie, Esme, and Bella had stayed back in Forks. Sam had left Jacob in charge of the pack. Jared had wanted to come, but he was torn between his 'mother' and Kim. I had told him to stay. Later, Sam and Seth would share their thoughts and it would make all the wolves feel like they had been there.

I just hoped nothing drastic happened.

Emmett and Jasper were both 'Mamas boys' so they had decided to come and Alice wanted to come too, so it was settled. And of course, Carlisle would never have stayed behind.

I grew more and more nervous as we got closer and closer to Kentucky. So nervous that Jasper often had to fill the car with a calming aura.

Halfway across country over the first half of the trip, my phone rang and I dug it out of my pocket. I groaned. "I don't want to talk to him."

"Who is it?" Sam asked quietly.

"Officer Malone." I muttered. I flipped it over, putting it on speaker since they'd all hear anyways and I was to lazy to hold the phone. "Yeah?"

"I need the location of which hotel you're staying in. So we can get the soldiers there for your protection."

"I don't want the escorts." I said flatly.

"Do you want to be openly attacked in the public?" Officer Malone sneered. He hated me. His brother had died in the bomb squad and he was only stuck with me because he had the case initially.

"I'll take my chances, yeah." I muttered.

Office Malone was silent on the other side, muttering to someone. Sam's arms were tight around me. Seth looked utterly bored, but also tense at the same time. "Fine. How about Marcel and your Uncle?"

I was silent for a moment. "I'll meet them at the cemetery."

He grumbled, "You do realize you're not particularly liked by a majority of the citizens here, right?"

"I'm aware." I said stiffly. Emmett and Jasper were glaring at the phone now.

"So when you get a rock thrown at your head because you have no protection-"

"I have protection." I muttered.

"We told you not to bring any weapons."

"I didn't. I brought friends."

He laughed, "You have friends."

I rolled my eyes. Alice stopped Emmett from breaking the phone in two. Seth was shaking and I quickly reached out to put the phone on mute, "Carlisle pull over now."

Carlisle did with a jerk, and Jasper yanked open the door. Seth ran out and into the nearby forest.

I took the phone off mute. "I'll meet Uncle Josh and Marcel at the cemetery. That's final. Good-bye."

"He's very nice." Emmett muttered when I hung up.

Sam went out to get Seth and everyone rearranged themselves in the car. Jasper was driving now, Alice sitting in the front seat. I climbed into the middle section to sit with Carlisle- basically on his lap- Emmett sitting next to us. Sam and Seth climbed back into the back.