Niklaus Scares us Shitless

I just stared for a moment. It had settled back into quiet, everyone watching the two of them cross the field.

Aro let out an exaggerated- in my opinion- gasp upon seeing her.

"Alice." Edward whispered.

"Alice!" Aro gasped.

Alice glanced at us for one long glance before turning her attention to Aro. She was still wearing the same clothes that she had worn when she'd left- so was Jasper- though they looked brand new.

Jasper didn't even look at us, his spine straight with nerves. I wished I could comfort him, comfort both of them. I shifted on my feet uneasily, leaning into Carlisle a little.

And then, a few of the guards were moving, Felix stopping Alice from getting to close to Aro. Two hooded figures moved, their faces hidden and Caius moved to the side.

"My dear, dear Alice, we're so glad to see you here, after all." Aro said joyfully.

"I have evidence the child won't be a risk to our kind." Alice said, trying to talk to Aro while one of the guard kept a hand to her throat.

Carlisle took a few steps forward, away from me. I hesitated, not entirely sure what he was planning. Surely he wouldn't move against them.

"Let me show you." Alice draped her arm over the shoulder of Felix.

"Brother?" Caius said sharply.

Aro held her hand out and Alice shoved past the others. One of them slapped Jasper across the face and I hissed, standing by Carlisle's side now. Carlisle threw his arm out, stopping me from going any further, my eyes seething in rage.

Jasper struggled in the guards arms, Felix turning his back on them. I could feel horror pulsating through my veins. I readied myself, hands with palms down to the snow, ready to sweep vampires off their feet.

Aro took her hand. I felt a strange warmth go through me, blinding me for just a second and I stared around, confused. Everyone else was staring around too, even the witnesses and Volturi. But no one seemed to know the cause behind it- as both sides were equally confused- and nothing happened except turning our attention back to Alice and Aro.

"It doesn't matter what I show you. Even when you see." Alice said angrily, yanking her hand out of Aro's. "You still won't change your decision." Alice turned to face Bella and said, 'Now.'

And then Bella was turned towards Jacob and Jacob lunged past Benjamin and Tia, sprinting away.

"Get them." Caius ordered Santiago.

Alice turned around, doing a ninja flip, sending Aro high into the air.

I gasped, knowing that we had just started war.

Aro landed on his feet as I watched Garrett's eyes widen, Kebi grabbing Amun's arm, and Carlisle's own horrified expression out of the corner of my eye.

Everyone was suddenly lunging forward as Alice went to run, two guards grabbing her.

"Take her away." Aro demanded in a cold voice.

"Let her go!" Carlisle demanded and before I could even comprehend what was happening, he was charging over the snow towards Aro.

I had frozen, watching with wide eyes. What was he doing?

Two black hooded vampires came out to meet him but Carlisle swept them off their feet easily, making way for Alice.

Carlisle lunged for the two that were holding Alice, flying high into the air. Aro clashed with him and then his body fell. Aro's hand- holding Carlisle's head.