"The Search"

Cynthia couldn't stay quiet forever. She couldn't stop thinking about her doll. She knew that she won't be at ease if somedoll like Lou is roaming around the city, alone. Who knew what troubles awaited him if he got himself in a much bigger mess? Even the government will take actions if it's revealed that he isn't the only doll or even a toy that moves like this. Not only he couldn't get away with it, the company that is responsible for his very existence can get punished.

The kid put on her coat before grabbing her umbrella and immediately rushed to put on her boots. "Oh sweet luna, this is all my fault! I shouldn't have panicked and kicked him out like that! Oh my gosh, Dalancy, can't you just stop running away from things like this!" She scolded herself before leaving her house in the early morning where the sun hasn't rise up yet. It's almost passed midnight too...

Unlike most kids, Cynthia has this childish side and mature side. She knows her limits and is mostly capable of leaving the house without an adult. Why? Her dad gave her a stun gun, that simple. Silvia even thought that he was going crazy, but Nicholas reminded her that he wasn't even trying to be one. So let me asked... who is stupid enough to go out in the rain?

Yup, also his kid, but Cynthia was determined to get her doll back. Even if she has to go through this bad weather. And possible enough, make Lou explain his situation... The only reason she panicked was because there's horror movies of dolls. She could only hope that she won't be regretting on what she's planning.

If there's one specific location her doll might be right now, it's where she found him. I mean, that's the only place she remembers. If he isn't there, then she stands no chance on ever seeing him again. She grabbed a piece of crumbled paper from her pockets and reread the letter she found in his old box that day.

"For my new owner, please take care of me very well and give me a warm home. For I have been thrown out by every child who receive me"

...

Cynthia wanted to take back everything she said after reading it repeatedly while she looks around for a specific doll with the brightest goldilocks hair just in case. "Lou?!" She called, her voice echoing out her neighborhood, but only a harsh wind and raindrops rained down on her. She clutched her umbrella tighter and keep on the lookout.

There's a few cars that passed by before one specific yellow car stopped in front of her just as she plans to cross the street. She prepared her stunt gun, but she was surprised to find a specific boy staring at her with a much more bewildered expression.

"Darling?"

"Arthur?!" She said out loud before he shushed her immediately with his hand covering her mouth. "Hey chump, who's the girl?"

"Sorry, dad. It's just Nicholas' daughter... she is one of the kids who got kidnapped..."

"We'll help her hop in like a fine gentleman you should be! I don't want a son who doesn't treat any woman right!" His dad scowled before he opened his door and helped her hoped in the seat just next to him.

"My apologies for the bother..." she mumbled, growing a bit awkward on riding the taxi car again. "A-Arthur, you said your dad is an officer..." Cynthia added, trying to relieve the tension as she closed her umbrella.

"Yeah, well, he likes going undercover as a taxi driver. Criminals panicked when a police car mostly roams around. I kinda sneaked out of his trunk, but he found me afterwards and we're kinda in patrol at the moment. But where are you going, walking recklessly in the rain?" He asked.

Should I tell him that my doll ran off? But if I did, he won't even believe me. Besides, if Lou's trying so hard to keep me from seeing him alive, what's the difference with the other kids?