"Collapsing Memories"

Lou was feeling his stomach knotting like something's wrong from the moment he enter the mouse hole. He wants to turn back with Nolan from the dark with him, but his eyes are fixed at the xylophone that were leading the way. As for Nolan, the only reason he came was because Lou insisted to help.

"So, how serious is this exactly?"

"Glad you asked, Lou. It has been a problem before you even arrived. Obstacles, coarses, machines, planning—Anything you can come up with can really reassured everyone safety. Before you, it was only Iris and the barbie dolls who keep the quarters safe, but not clean. But you on the hand, knows survival AND organizing more than anyone. We needed dolls like you to lead, Lou. But of course, we cannot always rely our whole selves to you all the time. So Riam and I was hoping if you co—"

"Hold on for a second. Fiona, can you... give me a minute..." he requested. Fiona just frowned before realizing why just by looking at the two dolls in front of her.

"Nolan, please let go. You're embarrassing me. Not just that, it's getting a little suffocating if keep making me feel like I'm carrying something heavy..." the blonde pleaded and complain at the same time. He already remove his cloak, but the doll with an 'UGLY' sign keep holding in his suit like a dog is gonna attack him any time soon

"No way I'm listening! He could fit in here!" And he is thinking about it.

"Nolan..." he called again, this time stricter as he watched the doll slightly shrieked like a mouse and immediately let his former leader go. Maybe even back a way bit when he heard him scolded. "S-Sorry! Sorry! It's just too dark!" He cried that made the blonde leader sigh and just made his crescent stone glow, lighting up the pathway and almost half of the place.

"Woah! Thanks, son! My light switch just won't glow..."

"You're actually dumb enough not to bring a flashlight in any case. And Nolan, you could have said something before we even move..." he scolded.

"I-I'm sorry, it's just that.... You told me to only speak if you asked s-something..." Lou got quiet after the doll said that. How bad did he change when Ox left... He was never like this before. He is seriously goin to have a serious discussion with himself. He just shook it off and keep walking. "Sorry about that. What were you saying?" He asked. But damn, he suddenly feels cold. He shivered, along with others as Riam apologized before Fiona could even continue.

"Sorry, gang. We've just reached the vent. The coldest part of the hall. So everyone better be careful and stick to the old dolls... One vent leads to the fire pit, that's why I asked the truck toys to cover it, so the ones who enter here won't fell. Please stay behind to ensure your safety"

Nolan immediately shot a glance from the xylophone toy. Did he just heard that right? As for Lou, his breathing was caught on his throat from a memory he doesn't wanna endure all over again and halt one his tracks.

"Come again?" He asked on repeat to be sure, but as Anastasia explains it, he is not liking it one bit. He was feeling the regret and trauma wanting to leave his body, but throwing up is not a good option. Calm down, Lou. You're fine... Nolan's with you and you are far away from the institute. You're gonna be alright... He thought as he starts walking again.

He slowly tries to breathe, but he couldn't, so he keeps trying.

They walked through the went as the path began to feel sticky and wet. Of course, Lou is definitely grossed by this, but also making this trip more traumatizing. Because of the heat, yet also the cold condition, it's only fair to smell here. For Nolan couldn't be more surprised, he is astounded that his leader was not even complaining.

But all Lou focused is his breathing going a little heavy as his eyes travell at every part of the vent. Till he finally heard the voice that made him halt.