CHAPTER TWELVE

Danielle mixed up the ingredients she had. Adding the two young wolves blood. She said a few enchantments and the cauldron sparked with power, smoke spilling out.

"Now all we need is the rattle snakes and vampire teeth."

Olivia and Adrian held each others hands nervously under the table. Adrian took a quick glance at her.

Do you think it'll work?

Liv turned around and looked into Adrian's eyes astonished. "Was that you?" She asked.

Adrian smirked, yes my love!

"Want me to teach you?" He asked out loud. Liv nodded in curiosity.

"Alright look at me." Liv turned her stool so her body was facing him. "Take in my form, my figure. My features, scent. Breath me in."

Olivia chuckled. "Sounds like you're teaching me how to hunt."

"Not exactly. But listen. Close your eyes and think of me. Every detail you can. Than think of your lips moving and words coming out, imagine me hearing it." He replied.

"Think of something you want to say to me." He continued.

Liv closed her eyes and put her whole focus on Adrian. Sniffing his husky male scent. Trailing her hands up his arms, tracing his lips.

Mate.

The words came escaped but not physically. Not from her lips. "Did I do it?!" She said full of joy. "Did I?" Practically jumping out of her seat.

"Yes!" Adrian replied.

"That's so cool. Didn't know I could do that." Liv replied.

"You can only do it with your mates though." He continued.  "That's pretty awesome. I don't even have to use my phone to talk to you!"

"I guess you don't." Adrian replied. Danielle continued stirring her mix then took a quick glance at the grand father clock. "What's taking the two so long, we have an hour until sunset?"

"I knew this was a bad idea!" Adrian chimed in. "We don't need your negativity Son! They'll get here in time." 

                        ________________________

The young wolf and witch parked the suv a distance away from the vampire clan. But close enough for a safe get away. "So what's the plan?" Sam asked nervously. 

"Thought you had one!" Josh replied. "Ugh we're so dead! And if we get lucky enough that the vampires don't skin us alive, luna sure will!"

"How about we do a cloaking spell?" Josh suggested. Sam nodded glancing around her surroundings. "That sounds like a good idea, but how in the hell are we going to get vampire teeth without a fight?! This is totally a death trap." 

"You sound scared! Since when were wolves scared of anything?" Josh replied with a devilish smirk across his face.

"I am not scared! I just don't want you getting hurt, that's all." Sam replied.

"You don't think I'm capable of protecting myself?" He questioned.

Before Samantha could reply, they heard a twig snap. "What was that?" Josh said in a whisper, his voice wavering. Sam's ears perked up.

"How along do we have till we need to get back?" Sam asked.

"About an hour."

"Shit, that's not enough time!" Another twig snapped, the two stood back to back looking around them. A strong wind blew the leaves around. Somewhere not too far away they heard another snap of a twig.

"Go back to the car and start the spell!" Sam ordered. "What! No, absolutely not. I'm not letting you get hurt." Josh replied protectively.

"I'm not going to get hurt, but you will if you don't hurry along. We can't waste time bickering over what we should do." Another twig snapped.

"All right i'll go." Josh ran back to the car. "Com'n out and let's get this over with leech!" Sam cracked her knuckles, her claws growing out. She sniffed the air then jumped as soon as a vampire came out of it's hiding spot from behind a tree.

She leaped towards it's neck and mid air transformed into a  full grey wolf. But it was too late, the vampire was quicker. He dodged her move and sent her flying into a tree.

Branches flew everywhere and there was a crack heard. Sam landed on the ground with a thud and a groan escaped her.

She got up slowly growling. Meeting the male vampires blood red eyes, with olive skin and dreads cascading down his back.

He let out a chuckle. "Well that was too easy, thought you wolves would put up more of a fight. I guess not" He turned his back walking toward the suv Josh was currently in.

"Now to be teamed up with the witches, that's a surprise. Unless he's a snack you brought, well thanks!"

Sam glanced to the car. Oh no you don't! She thought.

She ran to the vampire and used her weight to push him down to the ground. They went tumbling down a hill, and landed in a lake.

_________________________________________________

"It's exactly 10 minutes until sun down, they're probably dead!" Adrian started, pacing around. "They're not, I would have felt it!" Teresa replied.

"Adrian why don't we step out into the hallway." Liv said grabbing a hold of his arm and pulling him out into the hall way. Her touch gave him a sense of reassurance.

As soon as the doors closed behind them, Liv was pushed against the wall and Adrian's lips connected with hers. "I've been meaning to do that for a while!" He said pulling away quickly.

It was like he craved for her, he couldn't pull away. And her sweet caramel scent was driving him crazy. He needed more, he wanted more. It was the only thing that could keep him sane.

Olivia's lips parted slightly letting Adrian dive in. His hand traced down her spine sending a tingling sensation down her back. She placed her small hands on his hips tugging him closer. A moan escaping her lips.

His hand slipped under her shirt.

"Whoah whoah whoah!" The new couple that at the moment looked inseparable pulled away quickly. Liv pulled her ruffled wrinkled shirt down.

Sam stood beside Josh soaking wet.

"What happened to you?" Adrian asked. "She went swimming in a lake." Josh replied sarcastically.

The group entered the lab and Josh poured the condiments on to the table. "Thought you'd never make it." Danielle started.

"We have exactly 5 minutes until sun down, lets quit wasting time or we're going to have to wait till tomorrow to do this." Teresa said impatiently.

Danielle started the spell, and the room went silent. She said a few enchantments and as the sun set she poured the potion on to the ruby and it started to glow. "Here put this around her neck." Danielle ordered Adrian. Liv pulled her hair up as the necklace was clicked in place. Above them the lights started flickering.

"Why is it glowing like that?" Teresa asked. "It's the strength of her power."

Above them the bulbs started going out one by one. "Um make it stop!" The group shouted.

"It's not me, my powers are..." Before she could finish all the electricity in the school went out. The place was in total darkness.

"Guys look at her eyes." Sam pointed out. Everyone stared into her glowing red eyes. Olivia blinked and at the same time the electricity came back on. "That must have been the back up power generator." 

"Is everyone ok?" 

"Liv?" Josh asked. Liv breathed in and out. Everything finally felt right. "Yeah, I think I'm going to be fine."