CHAPTER TEN

By Olivia's fourth class she new she didn't miss high school one bit. She was currently in trigonometry.

Mrs.Bennet wrote out problems on the board and she asked the class to find all coterminal angles for each angle. Liv chewed on her pencil eraser, it was a habit when she was stuck.

Why do I have to learn this anyway? How is it going to help me?

Questions of every high school student. "Hey you ok?" Mason asked. He sat behind Liv and noticed that she still hadn't started and he was already half way done. "It's ok i'll be fine." Olivia gave him a reassuring smile. Class zipped by quickly and now she was headed towards physical education. Her favorite class, and guess who was teaching it?

"So how do you like school so far?" Gabriella asked as they made their way towards the locker room. "It's ok, I don't miss it though. I could really use a snack." Liv replied.

"Here!" Gabi pulled out an apple and handed it to her. "Thanks!"

The girls changed quickly. They had uniformed gym clothes. Tight black booty shorts and matching sports bras. The boys had a view.

Liv was used to it though, she was a vampire for a few years and it heightened her beauty. Everyone stood in the middle of the gym as they waited for Adrian to walk in.

The gym doors swung open and someone unexpected walked through.

"Hello wolves! Adrian can't make it to class today so i'll be teaching." Simone finished. She eyed everyone and her eyes landed on Olivia. Almost as if she was waiting for her approval.

"Why can't Adrian teach today?" Gabi asked with a little attitude. She was wondering why Adrian didn't ask her to teach.

"Next time you have a question raise your hand! Everyone we're going outside today. 20 laps around the football field. Lets go!" Everyone groaned. Gabriella was disappointed and ready to rip Simone's head off.

On her way out of the gym, Gabi shoulder bumped into Simone. "Remember whose lands you're walking on and who is more alpha than you! So watch your tone!"

There were low challenging growls given to each other before Simone backed off.
Everyone started running and Olivia tried to sink with everyone.

She wasn't exactly fast. I mean she was but she couldn't grasp why she couldn't control her powers. It was as if she was human at the moment. Liv tired out quickly and sat down and watched while everyone ran past her.

"Hey you ok?" A girl named Sam that sat at the table with her ran up to her.

"Ya I'm fine, just a little tired." Olivia replied.

"Were's don't get tired?!" Sam replied.

Sam helped Olivia up. "Come on, if Simone catches you resting she'll make you run another lap." Sam continued.

"What is she to us? To the pack? She walks around here like she runs the place." Olivia asked curiously.

"Well she's kinda the alpha's daughter but not. Her dad was the alpha's best friend but then he passed away when Simone was very young. During the war both her parents died. And she had know other family so James decided to take her under his wing."

Liv started to realize that they had something in common.

But that didn't give her a reason to act like a total bitch! Liv thought.

"Nice to know!" Olivia replied.

Sam nodded. "Hey I'm having a dorm party tonight, you should come!"

"Sure, i'll be there." The girls started running again and pretty soon Olivia completed all 20 laps.

But it was of course after everybody else. She passed the finish line while everyone stood and watched.

"Finally! Some were's are so sluggish." Simone said sarcastically. "Oh wait you're not a wolf. At least not a true one." Some outside were's chuckled.

"Look at the leech, the bruja! So weak and innocent."

That was it for Olivia. Her heart was racing. Heat was building up and her breathing picked up. She felt her fangs elongate and her hands started glowing. Giving off a golden light.

Claws elongated from her fingers and fur started growing everywhere. Everyone was laughing at the site. It's as if they weren't taking her seriously.

"A total abomination, you might as well just die!" She heard a voice from far off.

Liv's head was spinning and pretty soon her wolf kicked in. She went full wolf mode and she shifted into a golden blond wolf.

We must kill her! Liv heard her wolf say in the back of her mind.

Simone continued to taunt her.

Liv picked up her paws and started running towards Simone but she stumbled on the way and fell flat on her belly. She wasn't used to walking on all fours.

Out of know where a big white wolf emerged and through it's self at Simone. Simone was at a state of shock. It grabbed Simone with its k9's and flung her towards the bleachers and she was knocked unconscious.

The wolf shifted back and it was Gabriella. She was fuming. Damon ran up to her with a robe while others went to grab Simone.

"That little wench! I hope she's dead." Gabi shouted into Simone's direction.

"Hey what the hell is going on?!" Everyone looked to the gym's entrance and saw Adrian standing there. He looked pissed off.

"Everyone inside now!" The students started running in. Adrian walked up to Simone who still was unconscious. He checked on her and sent the students to bring her to the clinic.

He than ran up to Olivia. She was still in were form. Adrian pulled out a robe from behind his back.

"Shift!" He commanded. He looked away as Olivia slipped on the robe quietly.

They stood there awkwardly while Adrian stared her down. "I apologize for Simone's childish actions. She seems a bit jealous!" Adrian started.

"Apparently we're mates? She wasn't expecting this and neither was I." He continued.

"I'm sorry for ruining everything for you." Tears started dripping down Liv's cheeks but she didn't make a sound. "You didn't ruin anything." Adrian replied. He stood awkwardly not knowing how to comfort Olivia.

"Then why are you avoiding me? Aren't mates supposed to be attached?" Liv asked.

"Something like that." Adrian chuckled. He used his thumb to wipe her tears, then put both hands on each cheeks. He pulled her forward.

"God! You're so beautiful. I can never stay away from you."

"Then don't." Liv replied.

Their faces inched closer until they were sinked completely. There was complete silence. It was as if everything disappeared around them.