CHAPTER EIGHT

After bursting out of the dining hall, Adrian ran into the woods. He reached his special place. The rock, know one knew of. He went there to think and to let out some steam.

Adrian didn't know why he was mad. But when he looked into his mates eyes he finally noticed the hurt he had caused her. Biting her changed her whole life. She could have died but fate didn't let that happen.

He stretched out his furry legs then jumped on the rock laying down. His wolf cried for Liv but Adrian's human protested. He wasn't ready.

Adrian hoped she didn't think that he had rejected her. He just needed time and space. It was funny how things turned out. For the girl that he bit turned out to be his mate.

Maybe the council would spare him.

Why was she up in the tree? How was she so fast?

Adrian thought to himself. He was still confused about all of this.

"Adrian!"

"Adrian my love!" He heard Simone's voice in the distance. The girl he was supposed to mate with.

The thing with wolves is there aren't many females, so males rarely find their mate.

Adrian didn't have hope that he would find his. Especially since his younger sister found hers before him. But now things have changed. Adrian was sure feisty Simone was pissed all about it.

Adrian jumped off the rock and headed out of the woods before Simone could see him.

_________________

"Adrian is my other half? So we're are supposed to be together?"

"Yes!"

The girls explained everything to Liv.

"Look hun, I know this is a lot to take in. Don't see it as we're forcing you guys to be together it's just meant to be. Adrian will show you love and kindness. Comfort you when you need it, care for you like know other. He'll climb mountains for you and protect you from any danger. That's just what mates do, that's what people that love you do."

"Then why did he run out like that?" Olivia asked.

"Because he's scared. He just reached the next step." Teresa replied.

"Can I talk to him? I mean if he doesn't want to talk it's fine. But If I'm gonna have to spend the rest of my life with him I might as well get to know him a little." Liv asked.

"Sure you can hun. It's getting late, we should all get some sleep. I'm going to head back to the mansion. See you young wolves in the morning!" Teresa said calling it a night.

The girls headed out and Teresa went her own way.

"There's a mansion near by?" Olivia asked.

"Ya it's the family mansion. Not to far from here. My parents stay there, of course me and Adrian live there but we to choose to stay here sometimes."

Liv nodded her head. "Cool!"

"Yeah, i'll show you it tomorrow. And don't stress about Adrian he'll come around." Gabriella replied.

The girls walked the rest of the way to the dorm in silence.

"Well we're here! Rest up we have a long day tomorrow."

Gabi left Liv to tend to herself and she headed to her own room.
Gabriella walked into her room switching on the lights.
"Shit! Adrian don't do that, you startled me!"
Adrian sat on her bed, head hanging low.

"Shh, I don't want her to hear me." Adrian replied.

"Adrian what the hell is going on with you. You're a fucking alpha act like it!"

Adrian let out a low irritated growl.

"That's exactly what I'm trying to do sister, but her coming into it doesn't help!" Adrian replied.

"How is running around acting like an ass and beating up punching bags clarify you as an alpha?"

"I just want to earn it okay? I just... our whole lives everything has been handed to us on a silver platter. We didn't have to work for anything. I didn't have to work for my alpha status. Look, even you can be alpha Gabi. You know that? Alpha blood runs in your veins."

Gabi winced, she was always jealous of Adrian. He was the favorited child. But because he was eldest he had to be alpha.

"I'm not saying I don't want it, I do. It's just in the olden days, before our generation. Wolves fought to become alpha. Dad fought to become alpha. So why does it have to be easy for us, for me?" Adrian finally finished letting out a huff.

"Adrian she's a.. um. She's a vampire. When you bit her, the reason she is alive is because she's a hybrid now. Adrian you could have killed her but you didn't. So wolf up, and go comfort your mate."

Adrian stood stunned. "This can't be real, the council will kill her. She's dangerous, they're going to kill me!"

"Can we not worry about that now? Dad is going to talk to them, you know how he is. He'll never let anything happen to his favorite child, let alone his mate. You'll be ok." Gabi replied.

"Can you not say it like that!? He loves you very much, dad just wanted all boys. And I love you very much too."

The siblings stood up embracing each other.

"Adrian what the hell have we gotten ourselves into?"

A/N: HELLO LOVELIES! SORRY IT HAS TAKEN ME A WHILE TO UPDATE. I'VE JUST BEEN BUSY AND FORGOT TO UPDATE. HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED THE CHAPTER, HAVE A GREAT SPRING VACA!!!!🙌🏼💘