The Parents-In-Law

"Oh my babies," Amy said as Kayden ran to her and Jace ran to Alan.

Maya smiled as she unbuckled Layla from her car seat. She saw as Josh went over to greet his parents while she heard Layla babble.

"Yeah, babble mouth? Go say hi to Nana Amy and Pappy Alan," Maya said as Layla ran over to her father.

"Hey, Layla baby," Alan said as the big blue eyes popped out behind Josh's body.

"This one is shy lately. But doing well. We're looking forward to when she turns 2 later this year," Josh said.

"Then she will be a handful. Come on in, kids," Amy said as Maya smiled.

Maya had looked at the same house that Josh grew up in, and the exact same house that in a way, she hoped the family would always have. Maya smiled at Amy who each handed them a cup of tea as she just sat down next to her husband. She smiled while wondering how everything was ending.

"What did we do to have this great pleasure of having our grandchildren here?" Amy asked as Maya smiled.

"Well, I think it comes at an appropriate time to announce it," Maya said.

"Announce what?" Alan asked.

"That end of May, you are gaining another grandson," Josh said as Amy looked at them.

"Wait what?" Amy asked as Maya nodded.

"I'm pregnant again. When we found out, we just wanted to let it sink in, but, yeah. We are having another son," Maya said smiling.

"Oh, my, gosh. Have you guys decided on a name yet?" Amy asked.

"Noah Joshua Matthews, and we have also decided to put the kids in daycare. I am heading back into school. I'm doing my art degree part-time and working full-time as a teacher, so I need to know my children are going to be okay," Maya said.

"You guys are amazing parents, and will be even more amazing with Noah. I know that," Amy said.