Chapter 23

Beverley's POV:

After Tristen had calmed down, enough to finally relax and stand without punching a tree, he took me home.

We were standing just in front of my door and Tristen was holding my hands, and apologizing for not being there when he needed me the most. I was once again reassuring him that Pete would have done that sooner or later, no matter if he had been there or not, which was actually true. 

Pete was beginning to show me a side that I never knew he had, and to tell you the truth I was actually scared out of my mind about what he might do next. But knowing that Tristen was there to help me gave me some comfort that I really needed.

Sasha stood off to the side, letting me and Tristen have out little moment alone before she slept over. I know that she was worried about me and I loved her for that but sometimes I just wanted to be alone so that I could process every thing that happened so far today.

"Thank you Tristen again for helping me, back at the party with Pete. You didn't have to say all those things for me" I mumbled, rubbing my arm as a deep blush over came my cheeks. 

Tristen chuckled under his breath when he saw that I was embarrassed. He slipped a finger beneath my chin and lifted my head up so that I had to look him in his eyes. "I didn't lie about anything I said back there. It was all the truth. You ARE an amazing woman Beverley. And a low life like Pete, doesn't deserve someone like you." I felt my heart swell at his compliment, sometimes this guy just did things to me that just made me want to start jumping around like a little excied kid who had too much candy for supper. 

"And frankily, I don't deserve you either" He whispered in an undertone, something that I knew for sure he never meant for me to hear. But I caught that sentence and felt anger boiling in my stomach. 

It was my turn to place a hand under his chin and lift his face so he could look into my eyes. "Tristen Donahue, you are more of a man than anyone I have ever met and if anyone deserves me, its you." I whispered in a soft firm voice. 

"You sell yourself short, when you deserve so much more. No guy I have ever met would have stood up for me like you did. No one. I-I don't even want to think what could have happened to me if you didn't show up. So don't you ever, EVER, place yourself into the same category as Pete. You are a hundred times the man he ever was or could be." I stated, before I leaned up and gave him the harddest kiss I could.

His arms wrapped around me tightly, bringing me into his chest as he deepened the kiss. I sighed against his lips when I felt his tongue lightly trace my lips, making me giggle when he teasingly bit my bottom lip. 

"Tease" I joked, making him chuckle when he pulled back, giving us a little space to breathe. "Guilty" He whispered making me laugh as I buried my head in between his shoulder and neck. It felt so right to be there in his arms. 

The world seemed perfect from here, and I felt like I was truly safe and that nothing could touch me. What was this boy doing to me? 

Slowly we separated from one anothers arms, I gave him one last smile before I whispered good night and stepped into my house, leaving my door open for Sasha to follow.