Chapter 3

As instructed i met tristan outside the school in 15 minutes. "thanks for helping out with the last bit of the books" i snapped sarcastically at him as i walked past him leaning against his motorcycle.

"no problem. now let's get going before anyone sees us leaving school a few hours early." he muttered moving to put on his helmet.

i cursed under my breath when i forgot one simple little detail. "my moms at home" i muttered slapping a hand over my face.

"and that's a problem because?" tristan frowned, snapping in the buckle under his chin. "uh becuase it only 12:57 and i'm about to step into my house with a guy!" i cried trying to make him see my point.

he rolled his eyes, "if your so worried, let me do the talking. now get in your car and lead the way. and today would be fantastic too." he smirked shooting me a wink as he turned back to his bike, putting the key into the ignition.

i let out a small grumble as i jogged over to my car, slipping inside and starting the engine quickly.

15 minutes later we pulled up infront of my house, the both of us meeting up at the front door. i let out a big breath before i let us into my house.

"so yeah this is my house." i muttered motioning with my hand as we stepped through the threshold.

"sweetie is that you?!" i heard my mom call from the kitchen. "yeah its me!" i called back, slipping off my shoes at the front door and walking towards the kitchen.

"but its only 1:20 beverly, what are you doing home so ear-ly?" my mom asked, stepping out of the kitchen and practically tripping when she saw tristan standing beside me.

"Hello Mrs. Thompson." Tristan let loose one of his 100 watt smiles as he stepped forward to shake my mothers hand.

"h-hi" she answered glancing at me quickly. "We didn't mean to startle you, but we came here right after our last period, because we have a class project to do." he smiled, motioning between me and himself.

"mmmm." i mom frowned obviously not buying his excuse. "and you are?" she asked, her eyes narrowing.

"oh sorry. My name is Tristan Donahue, its a pleasure to meet you." my mom let loose one of her smiles before nodding.

"so what's this project for?" she asked, brushing her hair out of her face.

"english. We're gonna present a play to the class on Romeo and Juliet." he breathed. "we wanted to get a head start." he added with a small shrug.

"but don't the two of you still have classes after lunch?" she frowned, her eyes meeting mine. i nodded, before interjecting what tristan was about to say.

"yeah, but the other teachers are having a meeting about something and so the classes are actually just work periods and me and tristan already finished the homework during our lunch." i smiled, twisting my fingers together.

my mother gave us both a big smile nodding in approval. "okay you two, up you go. but beverly hold on a minute there's something that i wanted to talk to you about." my mom added. 

"okay." i breathed turning to tristan. "uh...my rooms just up the stairs and the third door on the left." i muttered, motioning with my hands which way to go.

Tristan nodded in understanding before making his way up. I turned back to my mom to see her leaning forward trying to get a glance at tristan's backside as he walked up the stairs.

i gasped, batting away my mom so that she had to move backwards into the living room and out of sight.

"mom!" i hissed. "that's so nasty he's like my age." she couldn't help but giggle giving me a playful slap on the arm.