Baby come hold me - HyunHo, Pt.1

It was obvious, from the beginning, that there was something between Minho and Jisung. From the moment they met, they seemed to immediately connect, like two souls reuniting from a past life. Minho loved being around Jisung, he loved making him laugh, loved going out to nice places with him, or just sitting on the couch, leaning against each other, scrolling through their phones and talking and laughing.

But more than that, Minho was in love with Jisung.

To him, it had almost been love at first sight and he was so sure it was the same for Jisung. The small gestures and touches, the time he held Minho's hand to reassure him... it was all carved in Minho's heart. Minho wished to be with Jisung, to love him, to be loved by him, to go out on dates with him. However, he waited a few years for Stray Kids to grow and for the group's dynamic to settle to try and confess to Jisung.

When Minho thought he had waited long enough, he started getting even closer to Jisung. And because the latter indulged Minho and flirted back, the latter started to hope that maybe this relationship could grow into something more. That's when he decided to talk to Hyunjin.

At first, he wanted to talk to Chan, but the leader was constantly busy and Minho didn't want to add to the pressure Chan was getting. Changbin already knew since the beginning about his hyung's feelings and had always listened to him, letting him talk and giving him advice when Minho asked for it. For that, Minho almost considered telling him he'd confess, but as the years went by, Changbin got busier. So Minho decided to talk to Hyunjin.

Indeed, Hyunjin was a hopeless romantic but he was also a great listener. To top it all, Minho and Hyunjin were close. There was something about their dynamic that others couldn't understand. They understood each other on another, deeper level. So Hyunjin was Minho's best choice.

That's how Minho found himself standing in front of Hyunjin's bedroom door, palms a little sweaty and heart racing in his chest. He softly knocked and waited for the invitation to enter.

"Come in!" Hyunjin called out, his voice muffled.

Minho opened the door and stepped inside, closing it behind him. He found Hyunjin sitting on a stool, holding a brush in his hand, a canvas in front of him. He was painting peonies, the baby pink and soft purple mixing beautifully together.

"Hi hyung," Hyunjin smiled. "Are you okay?"

"Hi. Yeah, I'm okay."

Hyunjin narrowed his eyes. "You look anxious, hyung. What's wrong?"

Minho bit the inside of his cheek and pursed his lips while he played with his fingers.

"Do you have some time to talk?" he asked.

"I always have time for you, hyung," Hyunjin softly replied, his smile appearing back on his pretty face. He gently put his brush down then got up to sit down on his bed, and patted the spot next to him. Minho walked to the bed and sat down, giving Hyunjin a tight smile before looking down at his lap. "What's wrong, hyung?"

"I uh... I need your help," Minho finally said.

"Anything."

Minho hesitated. Was this even a good idea, after all? Before he could start spiralling, Minho took a deep breath in and shakily released it. "I'm going to confess to Jisung," he blurted out.

There, he said it. It felt good and made it more real.

"Oh."

Minho looked up at Hyunjin, tilting his head to the side, not sure what that meant. He missed the heartbreak and hurt flashing in Hyunjin's eyes.