The average day of a drunkard. [19]

TW: Implied self harm, use of f slur semi causally, degrading self talk, depressive themes

My book is purely made to tell a story, nothing more. These are not accurate nor actual representations of real life countries, just my characters that I use under the CH umbrella. I do not actually ship countries, these are just my OC's that adopt their flags and names. If you get uncomfortable, then stop reading
Thank you. 🖤
—————————————————————————

[3rd person POV]

Love is a weird thing, it breaks people, but it also mends them back together. Some people find love in everything, at every chance, romanticizing the small things things in life. There's a different category, however, one that does the opposite of the first, and hides from love, as if afraid. And when they do end up in love, it's as if hell on earth. They shun the very idea of confessing to who they love until their feelings fizzle out.

But sometimes, those feelings stay, they stay forever until the person who's in love dies. But they still can't confess, otherwise, who knows what will happen.

But what if they wanted to confess after so long, tired of waiting for the feelings to die?

...

Poland laid on his bed, staring up at nothing in particular, enveloped in the silence, with nothing but his fan going. His entire body felt sluggish, his head not being any better. But it made sense, considering he was severely hungover, so Poland remedied that by drinking some more, or he would if he had anything left.

Poland had skilled school yet again, feeling too drunk to even get up from bed. It's not like he matters much anyway, after all, Germany liked Philippines. He knew that something like a failed crush wasn't an excuse to not go to school, but Poland didn't want to face the music. He clenched his fists and slowly sat up, quickly massaging his head, trying to get rid of the pain. Poland closed his eyes when he realized the room was spinning, letting out an annoyed grunt.

Poland opened his eyes, looking around the now still room, relaxing his shoulders and sighing. He took his phone off the nightstand, tapping the screen and peering at the time. Poland groaned in annoyance when seeing how early it was, desperately wanting the day to end faster. He unlocked his phone and squinted at the brightness of his screen, turning it down before blinking away the sleepiness, and replacing it with a headache that was turning worse by the second.

Poland observed the screen was spamming him. He saw USA's contact, who only texted him once

"Text me back when ur awake, thnx ;3"

Poland sighed and started to type out a response, wanting to vent about his worries to his close friend. Poland typed slowly but even though his thoughts were going a mile a minute, finding that his body was too tired, and not being able to keep up with him. Poland laid back down in his bed and waited for USA to reply, hoping he wouldn't take too long. Poland set his phone down when USA hadn't texted back for four minutes, his frustration growing.

Poland went to stand up, but with his limbs tangled in his blankets, he ended up falling, landing on the ground with a thud. Poland felt his brain short circuit when the pain coursed through him. Poland wanted to scream, but instead just laid on the ground, feeling defeated in every sense of the word. He soon tore off the blanket, raising his head and feeling the warmth blooming along his forehead. The stinging pain made Poland instantly retract his hand while he let out a loud hiss.

Poland felt himself turn more frustrated, life just had not been going the boy's way. It felt like all the dominos were falling for Poland, this truly felt like the worst day in his life. He regretted ever getting out of bed, he regretted trying to get Germany to love him, Poland at this point just wanted to drink, then at least he'd have no worries.