Avoiding the past at all costs. [12]

[3rd person POV]

The rain patted on the window heavily, and the trees swayed harshly against the wind. The sky was dark as night even though it was just before school started.

Russia stepped out of the bathroom fully dressed, and quickly grabbed his backpack that was already filled with the "essentials", it was much more heavy than necessary

Russia sat down on his cushioned office chair and tied his shoes quickly. The rain was only going to get worse as the day continued, and Russia hated the rain.

Russia grumbled out loud knowing he'll get wet. He detested the thought of sticky clothes and soggy socks, but who didn't?

Russia sighed with an irritated expression, his fists balled as he peered at the ground.

He stood up slowly and grabbed the all-too-heavy backpack. Russia swung it over his shoulder and turned to the window. It showed the heavy downpour against the glass. Russia scoffed lightly as he glared at the rain as it continued coming down.

"Why is it always raining here anyway?" Russia grumbled to himself as he grappled at the handle of his backpack.

Russia sighed heavily and slouched as he touched up his room, and did the best he could to delay going outside. He grabbed the half-eaten granola bar and stared at it with a dazed-looking smile that seemed unsettling. "The colors, they remind me of my dear Philippines."

Russia's smile faltered as he gazed at the unsuspecting snack. Russia balled his fists and frowned. "Why can't I stop thinking about him." The granola bar crumbled in his grip, and he threw it away with an annoyed expression.

Russia stared at the trash can with an unbreakable stare as he gritted his teeth. "America.. get out of my head." Russia gripped his desk and shakily exhaled.

Just as he was about to break the wood of the desk, there was a soft knock at the door. Russia stared at the indents in the wood that symbolized his anger and sighed. "Men don't show emotion, get ahold of yourself Russia. Wait, where did I hear that?" Russia stood in confusion as his thoughts ran a mile a minute, and then someone knocked again except louder.

Russia scoffed at the person who interrupted his thinking and stomped to the door. He unlocked it and slid it open with slight anger.

His irritation fizzled out as a timid-looking girl stood in the hallway. She stared at the ground as she spoke, her hands were behind her back as she balled up her bag's handle.