Premeditated pursuits are obvious. [11]

Trigger warning for the f slur that rhymes with mag, and the r slur that sounds like leotard

----------------------------------------------------------

[3rd person POV]

USA hummed quietly while researching the slide. He had a good feeling about the coming days ahead, unlike a few weeks ago when USA had what felt like the start of a terrible round.

USA turned to his companion and daughter Neko-Mii, who looked sick from worry. USA frowned and moved closer. "Hey, what's up Neko-Mii? Did you screw with the.. thing again?"

Neko-Mii shook her head briefly and looked up at him with concern. "Nope, not at all, unfortunately." USA raised an eyebrow at the response and pushed further. "Well then, what's wrong with you? I'm skeptical now."

Neko-Mii sighed and leaned her head back to glare at China, who looked up from his laptop, and waved with a smile. Neko-Mii scoffed and peered at her computer. "To put it simply, China came up to me, and he knows about what's happening and what we're doing. So he offered me a deal." She mumbled, irritated at what she was saying.

USA put his hand on his cheek and cocked his head with a surprised expression. "Okay, can you go on?" Neko-Mii slammed her head on the round table, causing USA to blink rapidly.

She looked up from her desolate state and frowned. "I took the offer up sadly because it'll help us by a long shot. And before you ask me what deal and what's going to happen now. I can't tell you the first part, but I can say that your little idea of dating China for cover, just became a lot easier."

Neko-Mii mumbled the last part and started groaning. USA's previous frown turned into a big smile knowing that he could pursue his idea. He turned to a sad Neko-Mii and patted her head. "Don't worry now Neko, I'll be careful. But I'm wondering why you can't tell me the first part. I know it's probably a contract thing, but I'll just find out on my own." USA said enthusiastically.

Neko-Mii looked back up with a concerned expression. "Wait what? What do you mean by that?"

USA gave her a mischievous and sly grin and booped her nose. "You can't be that surprised Neko, I am an ex-spy after all. I crave the knowledge I don't yet have."

Neko-Mii rolled her eyes playfully, and booped USA's nose. She then looked back to her laptop. "If we continue doing this, people are going to think we're a couple, so I'd stop," Neko-Mii said with a light laugh. USA made a disgusted expression and quickly went back to work. The reaction made Neko-Mii chuckle.

USA thought to himself while typing on the laptop. 'I had just thought of the whole pay-to-date thing on a whim, but for China to approach Neko of all people about a deal regarding my idea is nothing less than suspicious. I've even noticed that he's been talking to me more often. At first, I thought it was just a coincidence, but It's been happening a lot since a week ago.'

USA grunted to himself as he scribbled down some notes about the subject he was working on. He found it stupid that everyone was required to research and put it into a slideshow. Though he understood it was mostly for the newbies who had no experience on the matter. But USA saw it from the perspective of a gifted kid in math who "needs to show work." Even though he just knew the answer without it.

USA sighed at his frustrations and gazed around the mostly quiet room. His eyes fell on what seemed focused on China, who paid no mind to the sunshiny attention demanding from Philippines.

USA groaned at what he was doing and peeved at an also irritated Russia, who was most likely annoyed for different reasons, like jealousy. He rolled his eyes and rested his head on his hand.