Sunshine Heartbeat (Seth Clearwater imprint story) Ch 19

Seth's POV

"I will get it." I mumbled, pushing myself towards the door.

I unlocked the heavy wooden door, wondering who it might be.

Better not be someone I know....

"Hey Seth. How is it going?"

My eyes widened in shock, "K-Kevin?"

"Where's Aimee?" He asked, with a smug face, looking around the house. I snapped out of my daze and stared at him.

"What are you doing here? I thought you left." I grumbled, blocking his way.

"I came back to talk to my dear friend." Kevin replied, still trying to get in. "Oh...and to celebrate her birthday."

I let out a small growl, "Go. Away."

Kevin took a step back, smirking. "No. You wouldn't really want me to leave. I have great news for Aimee."

I was about to snarled back at Kevin when Emily pushed through me.

"Hello. You are...Kevin. Aren't you?" Emily asked politely. "Come in."

Kevin gave her a small nod, following Emily into the house. He sent me a small smirk as he walked past me. I growled.

Kevin's POV

"What do you want?"

Once I entered the Clearwater's house, I began my search for Aimee, ignoring the death stares coming from Seth and the others at the table.

"I want...to give Aimee her best birthday present...ever." I announced, making my way towards Aimee's room.

Just then, Aimee's voice became audible as she came in the room with a beautiful woman beside her. I froze, suddenly forgot the real reason that I was here. My eyes met her dark ones and I felt as if a firework has explored in my heart. 

I stood there, mouth open and shocked.

Seth's POV

You have to be kidding me.

I watched in disgust as Kevin and Leah's eyes lit up.

Damn it. Leah just have to imprint on that idiot out of everyone in this world.

Aimee's POV

I waved my hand in front of Leah and she blinked, blushing. 

I gasped.

Leah Clearwater is blushing!

I laughed quietly and the pack stared at both Kevin and Leah. Soon, the pack joined my laughing fits as the two continued to stare at each other.

Suddenly, the truth came back to me and I stopped laughing.

"Hang on Kevin, why are you here?" I grumbled, crossing my arms. Kevin teared his eyes away from Leah unwillingly and I almost collapsed into laughter again.

"Oh. Umm..." Kevin mumbled, "I have to tell you something, Aimee."

I remained quiet, waiting for him to talk.

He stared at me, "Alone."

"Oh."

I nodded and led him outside.

Kevin's POV

"Well?"

I shoved my hands down my jeans pocket, watching Aimee nervously.

"Um...Happy Birthday, Aimee." I muttered, "I...need...to tell you something."

"Go on..." Aimee said, tapping her foot impatiently.

Aimee's POV

"It's from your...mum."

I stopped moving.

"Right."

Kevin shuffled around uncomfortably, "Do you want to go back?"

I thought about the call with my mum and what she said about missing me all these times. 

But if she did, why didn't she try to find me earlier?

I stared at Kevin and shook my head lightly, "No..."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded again.

Kevin exhaled in relief and grinned at me.

"Good."

Good? I mean I don't want to leave, but...really...Good?  I continued to stare at him, confused.

"Excuses me?"

He chuckled lightly, "You can't go anyway."

"W-what?" I spluttered, hoping I heard correctly.

"I said you can't go anyway." A small smirk was tugging on the side of his mouth.

He is enjoying this...

"Honestly?" I grumbled and crossed my arms, still not believing him.

Kevin nodded, "I promise."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "You know...you aren't very good with promises."

He shrugged his shoulder. "I still managed to help you stay."

"H-how?" I mumbled, "W-why?"

"I might have told them a little lie." Kevin muttered, speaking faster than usual. "A little white lie..."

"Which was?"

"Was nothing...You don't need to know how I did it, just stay with the why."

I groaned in frustration, "Then what was the why?"

"The why was for a little birthday present for you."

And with that, I was left standing alone in shock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin's POV

I felt...accomplished...I hope Aimee likes her birthday present...It took quite a lot of drama...

"Dad, if you are going to let this girl, Amb-"

"It's Aimee."

"Whatever, if she stays, I go."

There was an uncomfortable silence as my father and I stared each other down.

"You don't want to lose your own son, do you?" I dared him, challenging him while trying to control my unusual heartbeat.

"Shirley misses her daughter, sh-"

"I told you, Dad. Her or me." I said, trying to sound as firm as possible.

You better thanked me for this later, Aimee.

Dad sighed, "I will speak to her about this."

I gave him a small smile, "Thanks Dad."

Now, I will just have to keep this a secret. I doubted that Aimee would be happy if she knew her mother agreed to leave her again for a new husband.

I sighed and hoped that Aimee would be protected by the one she loves.

Of course she will be happy. Seth will make sure.

I grinned and nodded slightly to myself.