Sunshine Heartbeat (Seth Clearwater imprint story) Ch 12

Aimee's POV

I walked up to the steps and stood there, wiping off the tears that was on my face. I don't want Seth to see me cry again. I inhaled a deep breath and was just about to open the door when Seth unlocked it before me. I stood there, shocked while Seth attacked me with a hug.

"AIMEE!" Seth murmured, tightening his arms around me. The warmth of his affection and body made me smile. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder.

If only I can stay like this forever...safe and protected in Seth's arms...

"Aimee...Where were you? You scared me half to death. Please don't leave without telling me again, especially at night...It could be dangerous..." Seth broke away from me and stared intensely into my eyes.

"I...I...sorry." I answered and looked away blushing.

"That's fine, as long as you are okay." Seth replied and grabbed my hand, leading me inside. I placed my camera in my room and changed into my pyjamas. Lying on my bed, I played back the last three hours that I spent with a wolf, still amazed that I got so close to an animal...

Jacob's POV

I hate being alone and feeling like I have no one else left in this world...Do you what it feels like to lose both of your parents? Or knowing that there won't be anyone to care for you in this world anymore...

I groaned loudly and buried my head in my pillow. Aimee's words had been haunting me ever since I left her. I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep...wondering if Aimee is okay now...

Aimee's POV

I woke up next morning by several loud slams of the door. I opened my eyes and was surprised to see Jacob there, leaning against my door. I can't help but noticed his chocolate brown eyes.

"Same eyes..." I muttered, recalling the wolf I met yesterday.

"...Same eyes? What are you talking about, Aimee?" Jacob asked me, watching me from the door.

"I...I...nothing..." I mumbled, not knowing what to say.

"Well...hurry up and get dressed. Seth and the pack are waiting for you. We are going cliff diving." Jacob answered, heading out the door.

"Cliff diving?" I shrieked while rushing out of my bed into the shower. I heard Jake chuckled as he leaves.

Won't it be dangerous? I mean...we are going to jump off a cliff? It doesn't sound that fun to me...

I quickly changed into my bathers and put a grey tank top and shorts over them. Rushing downstairs, I found most of the pack already there, gathering in front of the television.

"Where's Leah?" I asked, searching for her familiar face.

"PATROL." The pack responded together, eyes still glued to the TV.

I smiled at their unity. I wished very much that I am part of the pack...They are like family, except much closer. They understand each other perfectly...Almost as if there's no need for words between them all.

I walked in the kitchen, in search for something to eat. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I turned to see the handsome face of Seth.

"Looking for breakfast?" He questioned, smiling. I nodded. "Have a seat and your breakfast will be done in 5 minutes." I smiled, "Um...Thank you then. I will be waiting." He grinned and busied himself with cooking.

I sat on the chair and played with my fingers. A chair was pulled out next to me and I looked up.

"Hey Aimee!"

"Hello, Jacob."

There was an awkward pause and I couldn't help but stared into his eyes. Jacob's eyes and the wolf's eyes are too alike. Almost identical.

I gasped and quickly put my hands over my mouth.

What if the wolf is Jacob? Can I trust him with all those things I said?

"What?" Jacob asked, looking at me suspiciously .

I gave him a weak smile, "Nothing...I...I will go see if Seth has my breakfast yet..." So with that, I slipped off to the kitchen, hoping Jacob won't find me weird.

Jacob's POV

What is wrong with Aimee today? She is acting weird. 

I hope she doesn't realise I am actually the wolf, since I caught her staring into my eyes quite often today. 

If she does, I am doomed.

Seth's POV

I made pancakes for Aimee, hoping she would like them. Just as I placed them on a plate, Aimee came in the kitchen. I smiled happily and stared at her beautiful face.

"You made pancakes, Seth?"

"Yep." I paused and frown a little in worry. "You like pancakes, right? If...you don't like them, I can make you something else...Um...I can try anyway..."

Aimee grinned, "Of course I like pancakes. Thank you very much, Seth!"

I relaxed and gave her a smile while watching her quietly as she started her breakfast.

Aimee's POV

After I finished the delicious breakfast that Seth made for me, I thanked Seth again and helped him with the dishes.

"SETH! Stop splashing me with soapy water!" I yelled, defending myself with a tea towel. 

Seth smirked and splashed me some more, "Sorry, Aimee. I just can't stop splashing!" I stared at him and filled a bowl with the soapy water and dunked it over Seth's head. I grinned as Seth stared at me in shock. "Ha, look who is smiling now."

Just as Seth was about to reply, Jake came in the kitchen. "Hey Ai- Whoa! What happened?" Seth and I looked at each other and shrugged. "Um...Sorry Aimee. We can't go cliff diving today, too windy. Maybe next time." Jake smiled and went out.

I shrugged again and started to wipe the plates. "Oh well, I guess we can go another time." Seth looked at me and finished drying the rest of the dishes. "We can go next weekend." I looked up, "Really?" 

He nodded.

Once we finished cleaning up, I went to my room and grabbed my jacket and camera. Entering the living room, I saw Seth and the pack sitting around the TV again. I patted Seth on the shoulder, "I am going for a walk. Will be back before dinner." 

Seth sat up straight, "Want me to come with you?" 

I shook my head, "No, you go and watch TV with the pack. I will be fine." 

Seth sent me a worrying glance and nodded uncertainly. I smiled and waved goodbye to the pack.

"Bye guys."

"Bye Aimee!"

Jacob's POV

I watched as Aimee left the house, I nudged Seth lightly, "Aren't you supposed to be with her?" Seth shrugged, "I already asked her, she told me to stay and watch TV."

I nodded, "Maybe she just wants to be by herself. She will be alright." 

Seth rested his head on the sofa edge, "Yeah. I hope so."

I turned and focused back on the television.

I hope so too.