4. 넷

Matthew looked up at the small yelp from Hanbin who had every reason to be surprised because an icy cold can of coke touched his cheek all of a sudden. The younger saw, standing by his hyung's side, holding the can was a tall, slender guy with sharp, pale skin and thick brows. He didn't look Korean, and when Hanbin took his name, Matthew knew he wasn't.

"Hao hyung! Hi! What brought you here?"

"Just saw you here, thought I'd say hi." The guy named Hao smiled at Hanbin, pulling a chair to sit by his side. It was a lazy morning. Matthew and Hanbin were having breakfast together in the cafeteria. The intrusion of the non Korean stranger made Matthew curious. He looked at Hanbin in question.

"Oh, Matthew!" Hanbin said, "This is Hao hyung. Zhang Hao. He's Chinese and currently in the third year. As you know, he'll be anchoring alongside me."

Matthew bowed at his senior. Hao greeted him with the same gentle smile. Hanbin took turn and introduced Matthew too. So the thing is, since their university focused on being a global school, they'd hold an event, with students from various countries bragging about the opportunities given or talking about the rooms for improvement. Hanbin was voted to be a presenter. Matthew heard about someone else accompanying him, he didn't know it was the guy sitting in front of him. However, once he met the guy, he knew why. Zhang Hao and Hanbin looked so much alike! And just from the vibe, he could tell that the former is a talented man.

"So, did you check the pdf I sent you?" Hao asked Hanbin, "I couldn't gather much about it, but since you asked, I sorted it."

Hanbin gave a light bow of gratitude, "Okay, hyung. I'll check it and send you the rough script tonight."

Matthew saw how professional Hanbin looked talking to his senior. It made him proud again. Hanbin was just so perfect!

"Great, then see you in the afternoon." Hao stood up. Hanbin immediately stopped him by saying, "Hyung, won't you get anything for yourself? You can sit here with us!" He looked at Matthew who nodded in confirmation.

"Nah, I'll pass." Hao said, "Don't feel like eating right now."

"Why?" Hanbin brought out his careful, motherly instinct, "You'll get thinner by doing this!"

"Hanbinnie, I'll have proper lunch instead, okay?" Hao said. Hanbin didn't look satisfied, but he didn't argue. With one last smile offered at him, Hao left. Matthew saw the entire scene. He shouldn't have felt that pit in his stomach, but as he did, he concluded that it's probably because he hadn't had dinner last night.

"Aish! This hyung!" Hanbin shook his head with an adoring smile on his face. Matthew raised a brow at him.

"You two seem pretty close." He stated.

"I got to know him last year. We did another program but he played violin that time." Hanbin answered.

"He can play violin?" Matthew looked amused.

"Yep. Violin, piano, cello. He can sing and probably even dance!"

"Wow. He must be really cool!"

"Bet he is!" Hanbin chuckled, "But he's just a big cutie."

"Figures." Matthew said, eating down the lump in his throat, "And he dotes on you."

"Maybe." Hanbin looked a little, a tad bit shy. Matthew's keen eyes did not miss that. Yet he couldn't say anything because it's normal. He changed the topic soon, "Oh, hyung, I heard my roommate will move in today."

"He will? That's great." Hanbin said, "If you need to, you can rest in my room when he does. You know, it can get pretty noisy."

Matthew smiled, "Thanks hyung. But I don't think I'll need it. It's kinda rude, don't you think?"