2. 둘

The first day minus the orientation had nothing in plate for the freshers. Like the classes were all cancelled, and for those which were not, they just had minimal introductory talk and that's it. The Canadian spent the day talking and getting to know more and more students from his department- the faculty of medicine. But near the afternoon he had nothing else to do. And he was a little tired too. So, to get rid of the exhaustion he went back to his room.

But it was scarce of people and he got bored pretty soon. His fingers lingered over Hanbin's contact but he felt like he had already bothered his hyung enough. Therefore, he decided to take action himself and a little past 7, headed out to visit the gymnasium.

Now their university was pretty new. Like only a decade in. So the gym equipments were all in their nicest forms and it was quite spacious too. On one corner were tennis courts too. Matthew found them occupied. His focus naturally went to the other corner; where he found the perfect curl machine to hone his biceps. It was fairly occupied too. Some really tall guys were crowding over it. Matthew did spot some dumbbells but he wasn't in the mood to use them. Hence he went over the tall guys, and patiently waited.

Matthew likes wearing oversized clothes. Like he'd choose tracksuits that cover up his fists, or hoodies that simply engulf his little frame, or pants that are too baggy and tall for him. He felt nice in those. But it made him look smaller than he actually was. When the tall guys noticed him, they couldn't but murmur about him. Matthew heard some of those- in the line of 'what's that tiny dude doing here', but he didn't give a damn about those. All his life he had been misunderstood for his cute face. He could live with that.

But those guys were a bit too much. At first, they were secretive. However, upon seeing no reaction from the younger, they grew braver. They became louder, and some words crossed the line. Like they called Matthew a feeble twink or even as bad as a pussy. Matthew got annoyed, so annoyed that he objected.

"Hey!? What's wrong with you? Why do you keep talking shits about strangers?"

The crowd was amused. One of them, supposedly the leader of the gang with alluring muscles stepped forward. "Hm? What are you saying, mommy?"

Matthew rolled his eyes, arms crossed over his chest, "I said, stop talking nonsense and focus on your own business."

"Or else what?" He came close to the Canadian, "You're gonna fight me?"

"I don't have any intention of doing that." Matthew calmly said, "I'm just waiting to have my turn with it." He pointed at the curl machine.

The guy looked back at his friends, and a smirk formed on his face when he leaned down to whisper in Matthew's ears, "Hey, how about we have a duel?" He raised a brow, provoking with a hand up in the air; he wished for a round of arm wrestling.

Matthew usually ignores these situations. But the guy had pissed him off and he couldn't wait to crush his pride. Because no one except for Sung Hanbin knows that he was quite strong in his arms.

So he agreed. They made way for him, and in no time, Matthew stood face to face with the arrogant tall guy. They put their arms on a rectangular platform, locked in each other's strong grip. Matthew could feel the power of the other man but if it was all he got, then that's bad news for him. Their battle started moments later and Matthew smirked upon seeing the hint of frustration on his opponent's eyes when even after a few seconds, he couldn't move Matthew's hand one bit.

Matthew smirked. He knew he was stronger, and he tormented the guy by holding his hand in place, not moving, not even pushing him down. He took his sweet moment watching defeat in the rude guy's eyes, disbelief in his companions' eyes. He felt weirdly happy, over the top satisfied because that's what those who bark deserve! Smiling his way through victory, Matthew finally defeated the man. He didn't do much; simply moved away and took his place on the empty seat before the machine. He heard whispers behind his back, but he knew he was the main character at that moment. So he kept his cool, and focused on his own business.