2am convo (tex)

"Tex?" I whispered urgently. "Are you awake?"

It was 2am, and I still hadn't been able to fall asleep. Tex was asleep next to me, and for the last 3 hours, I had just been staring at the ceiling with my boyfriend tossing in his sleep. The bed sheets were ruffled, and I was sitting up in the middle of the bed, attempting to see if Tex could hear me.

I only received a small groan from him, letting me know he had only just woken up.

"Oh, I'm sorry I woke you up. I just can't sleep." I said, only raising my voice slightly.

He turned over to face me, his eyes not opening and pulled me by my waist into his chest, my back against him. His body heat warmed my back, and his breath tickled my neck. Although I enjoyed this position, and it made me more relaxed, I still couldn't sleep. After another 30 minutes, I looked up so my eyes were level with his, only upside down.

"Tex, I still can't sleep," I said, apologetically.

He opened his eyes softly, landing on my face. I pushed out of his arms and returned to my seated position. He joined me, rubbing his eyes as he did so. I toyed with my fingernails, unsure of what to say. I looked at him, his hair messy, but in a hot way. His eyes glinted in the soft light coming from the street lamps through my window.

"What's going on?" He said, his voice husky with sleep. I loved that voice.

"Dunno. Just not tired."

He finally opened his eyes completely, looking at me for a second that felt like forever. I could stand under his gaze for the rest of my life. He looked like he was in deep thought, then his face lit up into a soft smile.

"I got just the thing." He said cheerfully.

He climbed across the bed on all fours, reaching into his jacket pocket that was resting on the edge of our bed. He shuffled around the pockets until he found what he was looking for. I smiled as he sat in front of me after leaning back to turn on a lamp, leaving us in a dimly lit room.

We were sitting across from each other, him perfecting whatever he grabbed in his lap. After he had fixed what he wanted, he looked up at me with an excited look lingering on his face. He then revealed what he had been hiding. It was weed. Weed wrapped in a thin layer of paper. I felt my face light up as a snatched it out of his hands. He chuckled and pulled out his lighter while I stuck the joint in between my lips. I leaned in, letting him light it as I was inches from his face. His eyes focused on lighting the weed between my lips, my eyes focused on his eyes, eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Once I felt the small tickle of heat under my nose I pulled away. I inhaled deeply, taking in the earthy taste. Smoke filled my mouth, and I held it there for a while. Tex grabbed the joint out of my mouth and brought it to his own. As he inhaled I exhaled, allowing the smoke to be released in a straight line, which eventually feathered out across the room. He and I both took a few more drags before the room was smelling pungent of weed.

About an hour and a few drags later, we both were lying in our bed, our heads right next

to each other but our bodies facing different directions.

"When was the moon landing?" I asked him.

"Uh, I don't know that kinda stuff."

"Exactly!! You don't remember it at all! So what if it never happened?"

He stared up at the ceiling in shock, processing my statement.

"Actually, now that you mention it, I don't remember it at all. What is the moon? Is it cheese? I don't know." He said, feeding my act.

"YEAH! It never happened. The government just told us it did so the Russians would believe us and think we're better than them." I said, throwing my hands above my body.

Tex giggled, throwing his body around on the bed.

"What if ..... birds aren't real? Like they're just security cameras sent out by the government to spy on us." He prompted.

"Tex, are you kidding me? That's so unoriginal. I've heard that so many times." I scolded.

"Well yeah, but I'm just saying. Do ya believe it?"

"Of course, I believe it. They're always staring at me."

"Yeah. Sometimes I wonder if we're really the bird watchers. Are they people watchers?"

I was sent into a laughing fit this time, even though it wasn't really funny. He giggled at my screams of laughter.

"Y'know my brother?" He said, suddenly serious.

"Mason? What about him?"

"One time...I walked in on him...I can't," He stopped.

"What? You what?" I demanded, very curious.

"I....walked in on him...."

"Spit it out!" I yelled.

"I walked in on him pumping himself." He whispered, clearly traumatized.

"Oh. I wish that was me."

"Hey! Me too though."

"Tex, that's incest."

"How is it a bug."

"Noooooo. Incest. Like sleeping with your sibling."

"SWEET HOME ALABAMA. dur da dana nuh."

"OW my ears!"

"You can't keep this voice from belching baby."

I rolled my eyes and returned to staring at the ceiling.

"What does a fish say when he swims into a wall?" I ask.

"Is this a joke?"

"No. I'm genuinely wondering. Because there are no walls in the ocean, but in the fish bowl there are. So what if the fish—who was just brutally taken from his home was stuck into a glass bowl—ran into the wall. What would he say?"

Tex thought for a moment, then replied simply with, "Damn. He would say damn."

I giggled uncontrollably. The giggles turned into yawns, and I slowly began to feel the effects of the weed kick into my system.

"Tex?" I said, rising onto my elbows, and looking down at his gorgeous face.

His features were illuminated delicately in the dim light of our room, and his eyes were closed. It looked as though he was enjoying his peace. My hair fell over my face, the ends gently resting on his cheeks.

"Hmm?" He hummed in response.

"I like you a lot," I said softly. He smiled at me wholesomely.

"You're pretty cool yourself," Tex murmured. I rested my cheek against his collarbone and finally drifted to sleep.