Episode 05: Scene in the Drama (PART 2/2)

The whispers in the som tam shop aren't as loud as in a drama where you would know who's being slandered. Well, it's just the same as yesterday. But the point is, Laem didn't come to eat because of personal reasons, not because of Pararad sauce.

I made an excuse that I was hungry and too lazy to take a car to a restaurant. Laem is clever, huh?

And what about the other tables? Don't you want to go to another restaurant? Falling in love with Lilac's charm, such a thing. Is the som tam on the table that interesting that they can't help but look this way? Other companies probably have the same setup. There's nothing to worry about. We're just sitting at the same table, that's all. If the people at the other tables were smart, they would probably see that Lame was forced to come along.

"My treat."

"Thank you, Boss." Damn it, Jack is always like this. Normally, he's a cool guy, right? But when it comes to money or anything that he gets for free, he easily becomes submissive. It's like a kindergarten kid who gets lured onto a van to sell candies because of just one piece of candy.

"What would you like to eat today?"

"For free?"

"If you didn't have deaf ears, you might have heard what I just said."

"You keep scolding me. I was just asking again casually, okay? Hoping that Boss, being generous, would treat Jack alone. The person's eyes diverted from the pen and order book, the annoying kid was about to make him miss out on the free stuff.

"How can I be mean to you when you're my boyf--

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"..."

Everyone turned their attention back once again because of the resounding voice that made them think they were standing on Rama V Road. The owner of the golden face raised an eyebrow slightly, questioning why the kid was making such a commotion and calling for the crowds' attention, even though just a moment ago he was trying to avoid eye contact and divert his gaze.

"What the hell are you?" The question from Jack already has the answer within it. Lam sits with a stern gaze, blaming the person sitting on the opposite side, unable to turn and accuse the senior for the reason he just spoke up, not wanting anyone to blurt out the word 'lover' from their mouth.

"Boss, stepped on my foot."

"..." Laem didn't expect that Jack would turn to look at Boss with an expression of a cunning fox, as in the end, Jack just said, "Oh" and lowered his head to continue writing the menu. Lam contemplates and imagines that if Jack had a girlfriend in the future, his appearance wouldn't be much different from now.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that was your foot." Well, you're good at accepting apologies.

"Be careful, this pair is expensive." The boss secretly smiles, glancing at the corner of the complainer's mouth that never stops whining.

Gun continues to question himself when facing this kid directly, whether it's because of loneliness that awakens the curiosity and excitement for something new entering his life, or if he's starting to change his mindset that he doesn't actually dislike people with this kind of personality. But other people who have this personality still don't appeal to him.

"So, let's go buy a new pair tonight." Jack's face brightened, thinking enviously that simply pleasing the boss with his voice could grant him such special privileges.

"Don't overdo it."

"I'm serious."

"I'm just giving a casual warning for Boss to be careful. It seems like you spend money left and right. Oh... Do you think money can buy everything?" The young boy sticks out his tongue and puffs his cheeks, boldly lecturing the adult. How cheeky.