Episode 12: Simba

Finally, the last day of the internship has arrived. It's hard not to feel a bit sad about not waking up early in the morning and coming to the company anymore, even though it was only a short two months. Laem still has lingering emotions because he wanted to be part of the team working on the new game. However, as an intern, there was only so much he could do, and what he did was considered beyond his role. Besides, he was seen as inexperienced and unreliable by the boss and some people thought of him as a burden. It wasn't surprising if he received some disdain.

Some people speculated that it was because Laem was part of the famous e-Sports team, and the boss gave him more opportunities. They assumed he had a closer relationship with his teammate, Jack. Others blamed the boss for favoring him over other interns. Laem enjoyed the excitement of presenting his game ideas.

Some people may not have liked his attitude, but there were still many kind-hearted senior colleagues who encouraged him to apply for a job here as soon as he finished studying. When he heard that, he smiled faintly because he couldn't help but wonder what excuse he would use to apply for a job if the boss didn't like him.

Who knows? The future is uncertain.

Tonight, the colleagues from the company and Laem agreed to have a farewell party. They jokingly said it would be a simple and ordinary pork party, but in reality, it involved drinking, singing, getting tipsy, and having a wild time to release the stress accumulated from a busy workday.

Laem was one of those people who became carefree after drinking. He wouldn't go all out like that if it weren't for Jack's influence. He knew that Jack had just started helping him, and the last night of his internship at PHENOMENAL ended with beautiful bottles of liquor. He also made a promise to himself that if the game was not released after he finished studying, he would follow this guy and apply for a job as a game developer!

He knew very well that drinking both liquor and beer together would make him drunk quickly, but the sour taste filled his mouth, and he enjoyed the alternating between liquor and beer. He looped around like that without caring about anything, and the night reached its climax when shots were being poured. Laem looked like he was about to vomit his intestines out, and his sad face drew a sad end to the night.

He vaguely remembered being scolded by Jack and receiving a couple of punches. He was accused of being drunk and talking nonsense. Trash talk poured out of his mouth, and he ended up threatening to leave him there. But in the end, Laem was dragged onto the back seat of the motorcycle, embracing his beloved person.

Once again, the image was interrupted when I realized the sun was shining. My body felt rough and worn out, lying on the bed, gazing at the balcony door, hoping that the curtains would close on their own after sensing the hidden inner power. But it was just a drunken person's thoughts. In reality, Laem was just a naïve kid, not Harry Potter.

3:32 PM.

He slept like a corpse, with Laem burying his face in the pillow, inhaling its gentle fragrance. It wasn't wrong to change the sheets since yesterday. He wondered if there was anything better than spending Saturday afternoon in a warm bed. It was so good that it reminded him of someone, someone he hadn't talked to since last night. He wondered how Boss was doing, what time he went to sleep, whether he was sleeping well until two or three in the morning. No one was there to lull him to sleep, leaving him puzzled.

But before he had a chance to initiate contact, he found that someone in his thoughts had been sending messages since ten in the morning.

You have received a message from...

'Creditor'

[Are you awake, or still drunk?]

It seemed like Boss had developed a little bit of care and attention. He spoke, even in his messages. It felt like he was getting used to it, but it still felt strange and new to have someone asking how his day was going. They talked in the morning, during the day, in the evening, and before bed. He remembered when he sent a message to report that he would be going out to eat with his friends, and Boss replied cutely, saying, 'OK, if you can't make it back, call me, and I'll come pick you up.' It seemed like he wanted to secretly come because he was afraid of that damn Laem feeling embarrassed in front of others.