Episode 09: Changes Between Us (PART 1/2)

Waking up, it felt like I was going to die from a headache, I wanted to vomit. I swallowed the dry saliva that almost turned to powder. I wiped my face to relieve the dizziness before sweeping my gaze around and realizing that this wasn't his familiar love nest.

"Wait... WHERE THE FUCK AM I?"

The clean scent and luxurious room like this were only seen in movies or when I stayed in a hotel in Korea. For a moment, the sound of the sea and the wide view made some people run their faces until the hungover ones woke up completely. Laem sat still, his eyes wide open as if about to roll out because he just remembered that there were many things to regret.

"I'm here."

"I'll be with you."

Damn... Why didn't it feel strange when I heard it? Why didn't I just say, 'Hey, it's okay'? As far as I could remember, I felt like crying and wailing, cursing everyone on this damn planet who still misunderstood him.

And yes, at that time, the boss hugged me so tightly.

Slowly, I looked around to see if there was anyone sitting and hugging their chest in some corner of the room. But in the end, I didn't find anyone, except for a cream-colored gift box with a bow placed on a nearby table, prompting me to wonder what was inside.

Laem still hesitated, secretly listening from time to time. He wondered if the boss was taking a shower. If he came out with a towel wrapped around his waist and said, "Last night was amazing," I would bite my tongue, die, and send the final message, "Please leave my mom's som tam shop, okay?"

Calm down... The clothes were still on, but just to be sure, I carefully checked to see if there was anything sticky clinging to my stomach. Okay, the boss didn't forcibly restrained or took advantage of me because of last night's drunkenness. That's one good thing.

The young man walked over to the table where there were gift boxes and various items placed. Among them were a few letters, orange juice, bottled water, a stack of cash, and painkillers. Inside one of the notes was a message that said,

"When you were asleep, even if I tried to wake you up, you didn't stir. Although I threatened many times to go find you at the dorm, the truth is, I don't know where it is. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to bring you back to the condo because it required a private keycard. Right now, you're in a hotel near the office. Don't look for me. I've gone to work. Quickly take a shower and change clothes that's in this box. If you have a headache and can't walk, I prepared a taxi fare for you. It should be enough to get to Udon."

P.S. Don't worry too much. I'm rich.

I let myself sit down and sipped the orange juice to ease my mind. Many times, the tall Ekko annoyed me, but I had to admit that I was okay this morning. The clothes he found for me fit just right.

The young man slowly drifted on the sofa, tilting his head and gazing at the ceiling. He thought back to last night, almost unable to believe that Boss had such an influence on his emotions. Was it because at first, that man didn't have any part in making him feel connected like with his friends? Those guys had such a good rapport that they could understand each other with just a glance. But with Boss, everything felt cramped, suffocating, and but then suddenly disappeared, leaving no trace of those feelings.

Since when did he feel that Ekko like tall man, almost like a grown-up child? Sometimes he seemed intimidating, but sometimes he looked innocent because he didn't know his own sincerity. It was because Boss didn't approach people well, choosing his words poorly when it came to comforting others. That's why he unintentionally slipped into his usual defensive stance several times.