CHAPTER 1

A/N:

Something that I've been thinking about. 

Glynda Goodwitch POV

She wasn't actually a hater of coffee. In fact, she loved to drink it, just not the instant crap that Beacon had.

Glynda Goodwitch hated Beacon's options of coffee. It was either Ozpin's go-to instant coffee or Oobleck's caffeinated coffee that tasted so bad she almost vomited on the spot. No, she craved for a well-made coffee from a well-reviewed store with authentic roasted beans.

So, when she heard that a café opened nearby of Beacon, along with the fact that the reviews for the place had been splendid, she simply had to try it out. It near Beacon was a plus to her decision.

So, dressed commonly, she took off to the café once her classes had ended and all papers had been graded. By then it was already almost 7, so she hastened her steps as she walked from her room in Beacon Academy to the air docks for a ride to Vale.

All for a cup of coffee.

Looking back at the reviews that were posted on the Net, she remembered the directions to the little café as she just smiled at the name of the café.

Leblanc.

What a nice name.

Ozpin Wiz POV

Glynda was late.

That was Ozpin thought to himself when he arrived in his office at his usual time of 6 a.m., wondering where his Deputy Headmaster was. Usually, she would already be here in his office when he reaches his office at the highest floor of Beacon, but she was nowhere to be seen.

Humming, he sips on his instant coffee in his favorite mug (One can't be a century old being without a favorite item) as he just sat down, thinking that she would arrive soon enough.

A few minutes of him reviewing emails and documents later, Glynda bursts into the office with haste as she apologized for her lateness. Looking at the woman, he could see that her hair, usually tied neatly into a bun, was disheveled and tied into a messy ponytail. Her clothing was not ironed as usual, and there was a hint of heavy breathing in her respiration from the running.

... He honestly thought that she just woke up late when his eyes wandered and saw what looked like a 24 oz sized paper cup on her hand, with the logo "Leblanc" on it. Smirking, he teased her at it.

"So, Glynda, I see that a cup of coffee made you late today?"

She just blushed before taking a sip from her cup, it must be good coffee to make someone as diligent as herself to get it first thing in the morning.

...

Darn, his cup of coffee now felt very inferior to hers.

Blake Belladonna POV

Blake Belladonna was interested the moment she saw the signboard when she passed through the café named Leblanc for the first time. The signboard had a cute little coffee logo at the top with an arrow pointing at the café.

But the most curious thing about the sign was the words below the arrow.

"Faunus Friendly!"

Usually, a store that was friendly to the Faunus don't directly say it due to anti-Faunus humans who would cause a ruckus in the store, causing them to remove it immediately as it would affect sales.