The Apple Doesn't Fall Far...

"Y'all are seeing this, right?" Angel asked as he looked across the hotel library (which of course Alastor would have added) William was sitting in a cozy, leather armchair, a cup of tea was in his hand, which he sipped while he read a book that he had propped open on his knee. Alastor was sitting in a different armchair not to far away, doing exactly the same thing, though neither of them seemed to notice the other.

"They even look similar." Vaggie commented, and she wasn't wrong. The both of them had a habit of dressing sharply, like they always had somewhere important to be, and even held themselves in a similar manner. As they read, their eyes both had the same absorbed, deep thinking gaze.

"He's always taken after his father a bit." Elizabeth murmured, eyes not looking up from the book she was flipping through half heartedly. Nifty had offered to help Eliza update her wardrobe a bit, but Elizabeth really didn't find the newer fashion trends in this book very appealing. She knew she was old fashioned, but she really didn't see what the appeal was in dressing in less clothing. It made her miss the classy, stylish fashion she'd lived with, though maybe she just didn't deal with change well.

"I have a feeling he'll bite anyone he hears say that." Charlie said as she set her book down, "Though, it is nice seeing them being in the same room without Will looking scared, and Alastor ready to kill him at a moment's notice."

"Yes..." Eliza looked over at the two, "I suppose you're right."

"There are worse dads to have." Angel shrugged, "Hell, mine's a homophobic piece of shit who ran the mafia."

"Is?" Nifty asked.

"Oh he's down here, but we don't really talk." Angel leaned back in his chair, "Good thing too, we never could be in the same room without screamin' at each other."

"Mine wasn't no picnic either." Husk sipped his drink, "One time, he hit me over the head with a bottle because I dropped a can of soup while putting it in the pantry."

"I wouldn't know what my pa was like." Elizabeth said, "I was raised by my two mamas."

"You had a lesbian couple for parents?" Vaggie asked a bit skeptically, "Wasn't that illegal back then?"

Elizabeth chuckled, "Ya find the law don't really wanna rick a truck through the bayou to visit two well known voodoo witch doctors."

"Fair enough." Vaggie admitted, "Were they good parents?"

"Oh, they raised me well, taught me the family trade." Eliza sighed, "But they weren't to happy about my decision to move to New Orleans, or my fling with William. It got kinda...tense."

"My mother was a mythic bitch. The puta had a tendency to throw herself at all sorts of gilipollas." Vaggie set her book on medieval weaponry down, a bit more interested in the current conversation.

"I lived with my grandparents." Nifty said, "They were very serious Catholics...not the best situation when you have an eye for boys."

"What about you, Charlie?" Angel Dust asked, now petting Fat Nuggest, who was napping in his lap.

"What do you mean?" Charlie wasn't sure she liked being brought into this conversation.

"I mean your dad's literally the devil. I don't imagine having him for a dad being very easy."

"...I don't wanna talk about it." Charlie said meekly, setting her book down.

"C'mon Charlie, you're always pushin' us to talk, why don't you-"

"I said I don't want to talk about it." Charlie said a little more forcefully, standing up and walking out of the room.

"Damnit, Angel!" Vaggie hissed.