Good Company

"Eliza, are ya sure this is an idea?" Kurt asked as Elizabeth fixed her hair in the mirror.

"I'm certain, Kurt. I'll be fine."

Kurt, the only other voodoo witch that Elizabeth knew besides her mother, knew very well what Elizabeth was planning to do, "Won't they notice somethin'? At least disguise yourself."

"Kurt, they ain't that smart." Eliza said with an eye roll.

"If you're sure..."

"Trust me, I'm sure. Just look after my boy, alright?"

"Ya know I will." Kurt said with a smile, "Be careful though, Eliza."

"Since when am I not careful?"

———

Elizabeth laughed, draped over the arm of the business man while she gave a better performance than any Hollywood actress could ever dare. She played the part of a docile female for these stuck up misogynist scarily well considering she was the exact opposite of docile. In a world run by men, she knew how to play the part she needed, she wouldn't still be around if she hadn't.

"I must say, you're quite a beautiful woman, even for your color!" Said one of the crusty, drunk men in the booth Elizabeth was sitting in, to the right of her t and the arm of the man she was leaning on.

"Why thank ya sir, that's mighty kind of ya to say." Elizabeth gave a girlish giggle, feigning drunkenness.

These men were all fathers of the children who'd been giving Alastor a tough time at school, they were also the ones who were trying to get her son thrown out of school simply because he wasn't like their children. They didn't know Elizabeth, she hadn't even given them her real name tonight, though that didn't matter. After tonight, they'd never see her face again, in person anyway. She'd make sure of  that.

Under the table, Eliza had her hand over the sewn in pocket of her dress, which she'd sewn in herself. Inside the pocket was a hex bag that she'd made herself. Ever since she'd started learning voodoo, she'd had a knack for creating these little bags, which were both easily transportable, and useful. For what she had in mind, these were the perfect option for her to use.

"So, how'd a woman like you find your way hear tonight?"

"Well sir, I just really do love a night full of good food and company~" Elizabeth placed a hand on the man's chest and spoke in a velvet tone.

"Good food is always better with suitable company~"

"That it is~" Eliza had discreetly plucked a loose thread off of the man's shirt, hiding it in her palm. Throughout the night, she'd managed to get shirt threads or hair off of each of the men at the table she was sitting at, and this was the last one.

"Say, I gotta head to the ladies room for a moment." Elizabeth said, sliding away front the table and up to her feet, "I'll be right back, gentlemen."

"Do hurry darling~" One of them said. Eliza gave a giggle and turned her back to them, heading for the bathroom.

It wasn't until she'd gotten into the bathroom for colored women, now alone, that she let the pleasant mask she'd been wearing all night drop, and she stared at her reflection in the mirror. She felt disgusting playing some ditsy pretty girl trying to win them over, and rubbed her bare arms, which they'd been brushing and holding all night, as well as her thighs. Each of those men had bands of metal around their ring fingers, which meant that they each had a wife. Thinking about how easily they were being acting like they were unmarried made her sick to her stomach, which meant this next part would be even more satisfying.

Taking the thread and hair she'd collected throughout the night, Elizabeth pulled out the hex bag from her pocket, making sure no one was around to see what she was up to. Once she was sure she had a minute to herself, she tied it all around the closing end of the bag, and held it up to her face, whispering a spell to it, much like how a person might whisper sweet nothing's into the ear of their lover. Once she was sure the spell had activated the hex bag, Elizabeth put the bag back in her pocket. It was just in the nick of time to, as two ladies came in, gossiping with each other.

Eliza left the bathroom, but she didn't go back to the table, instead she went to the bar and ordered a martini. She put her hand in her pocket, and stared directly at the men, chatting the night away and drinking merrily. It made her sick, seeing them sit there as if they hadn't a care in the world, yet they had the nerve to stand up for their snotty children and try to throw her boy out of his education. Well all of that ended tonight.

Giving the bag a hard squeeze, Elizabeth sipped her martini and watched the men, a smile soon growing on her full lips as she watched them shift if discomfort that only seemed to grow by the second. Soon, none of them were sitting still, and all quickly got up and followed each other into the men's restroom, catching the eyes of quiet a few of the other party goers. Elizabeth let out a quite, yet wicked laugh as she slammed back her martini, gave the bartender a huge tip, and left with the huge smile on her face that her son always loved, and would one day inherit.

Those mens' wives wouldn't be so happy when they found out their husbands had herpes, with a healthy dose of syphilis to top it off.