Time To Do Some Angsty Shit...Do Da~ Do Da~

William looked up at the hotel, feeling as if his gut was made of lead, and as if his head would just fall off of his shoulders. He'd searched for so long...was it possible that this was finally it? What would even happen if he went through with this? Would he just be sent away again? Was he going to be able to put up with being sent away again? He knew he deserved it...but that didn't mean it would make it easier.

"...oh to hell with it all-"

"A bit ironic to say, don't you think?" A voice said from William's right. The man turned so fast that the thick, curled horns on the sides of his head nearly threw him off balance. Sometimes his slight resemblance to a ram could be an inconvenience to him, like making him throw himself off balance when he moved just a bit to fast.

The voice had come from a fairly tall man who resembled a deer. He had grayish skin, and red eyes, which matched his red hair and suit. This man's hair had two tuffs that stood up like the ears of a deer, and his shoes looked a bit like hooves. A freakishly wise grin seemed to be stuck on his face, revealing the sharp teeth this soul possessed. Even with all of the animal like qualities, the man still gave off a charming personality, and a clever attitude.

"Uh- what was that you said?" William felt like such a genius.

"It's a bit ironic to say, 'To hell with it all.', given where we are, don't you think?" The man suddenly had a cane in his hands, and he leaned on it just a bit.

"Oh...yeah I guess it is." William gave a nervous chuckle and rubbed the back of his head.

"Can I help you, sir? I was just making my way back here from my stroll, and noticed you starring at the hotel. Are you interested in becoming a guest?"

"A guest?" William felt confused, and then remembered what this hotel had been built for in the first place, "Oh um...I've been considering it." That wasn't a total lie, he had been considering coming to this hotel when he had found out about it. It just...wasn't why he was currently here.

"Well you're in luck, my good fellow!" The man's voice, laced with radio static, became rather excited as he swept his arm in a dramatic gesture, "I happen to work with the hotel founder! I'm her partner, in fact! I would be delighted to help you register here!"

"Really?" William felt the man's infectious smile get to him, "That's...nice of you. Odd given where we are."

The man chuckled, "We're going to get along, swimmingly, I do believe! Tell me, what is your name good sir?"

"William."

The man held out his hand, "The name's Alastor!"

The name was familiar to William, but he pushed it off as coincidence as he shook his hand, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Alastor."

Alastor gave a hearty laugh at that, "Alastor will do, William! Now, why don't I show you inside?"

"After you."

———

Alastor had walked William through the lobby, telling him all about what the hotel was like, and what was expected of the residence. William listened the whole time, he'd always been pretty good at just listening to those who could talk. He didn't mind not saying a word, he rather enjoyed listening to Alastor. The man had a way of just captivating your attention, of making everything he said intriguing and entertaining.

"This is quite the operation you've got going on." William commented.

"Oh, I can only take part of the credit. After all, it was the princess's outlandish idea to start this hotel."

"Outlandish? That's one way to put it." William chuckled, "Don't get me wrong, the princess seems like quite the nice lady, but I do find it a bit strange that the Devil's daughter would be interested in getting souls into Heaven."

"As do I, William, but she's very passionate about this hotel."

"Well, I look forward to meeting her."

Alastor laughed, "Then it's a good thing that she's coming over here right now!"

Charlie was in fact, walking up to them, ready to greet the new face, "Hello! Welcome to the Happy Hotel!" She eagerly shook William's hand, "Always happy to see a new soul here!"

"I-It's a pleasure to meet you, Princess." William managed to get out, a bit stunned that he was meeting the princess, even if he was just talking about it.

"Oh, Charlie's fine! Alastor, is this a friend of yours?"

"I just met him outside! His name is William."

"That's a nice name! Glad you decided to give redemption a chance, William!"

"Well...can't hurt to try." William was just...shocked. He had half believed that the princess of Hell only acted so friendly on TV, but boy was he wrong. He seriously hadn't been expecting Satan's offspring to be so damn...nice. This woman honestly had to have been one of the sweetest people William had ever had the pleasure of meeting, and he absolutely meant that.

"That's what I like to hear!" Charlie's attention was suddenly caught by an angry slew of Spanish coming from across the room, "Oh- hold on-" Charlie gave a nervous chuckle, "It seems we're having some difficulties, excuse me gentlemen." Charlie quickly sprinted through the souls in the lobby, "Vaggie- Vaggie, put the spear down!"

"Well she's nice." William said, choosing not to ask about why someone named Vaggie had a spear...and why they were name Vaggie.

"Yes, dear Charlie is quite the sweetheart!" Alastor commented, guiding William through the crowd, "Now old Husker, that's our bar tender, he's a bit more...rough around the edges."

"There's a bar here?"

"There is indeed!"

The two went on with their little tour, Alastor showing William around and introducing him to everyone. He met Husk, who was in fact, rough around the edges...in fact, he was downright sandpaper when it came to interacting with people. Nifty was a lot nicer when they were introduce, though William did find it hard to keep up with the bundle of rather manic energy and cleaning obsession. When he was finally introduce to the spitfire named Vaggie, William felt an immediate respect for her, even if she and Alastor started a banter that Charlie had to come break up, which she than apologized to William for. Lastly, he was introduced to Angel Dust, who while he didn't quite appreciate the lewd flirting from him, he couldn't really say the fellow wasn't rather funny. He didn't fail to notice how Alastor and Angel seemed to be rather...close.

"Quite a colorful bunch." William quibbled.

"Yes, we all make for an interesting cast, if I do say so myself."

"Is that everyone who works here?"

"No, my mother resides here as well."

"Your mother?" William found his interest peaked, "Well Alastor, if I may be so bold as to say, I'm rather interested in meeting a woman who could raise a man like you. She has to be quite the lady."

This just roused another laugh from Alastor, "She is quite the lady indeed! I'd be delighted to introduce you! Mother is bound to be around here somewhere."

As if summoned, a female deer seemed to materialize out of the crowd, a cheerful smile appearing on her face when her eyes found Alastor, "Al! There ya are! I just wanted to see how ya stroll-" The woman's voice died when she saw William, recognition flashing across her face.

William recognized her too, how could he not? She still wore her hair the same, dressed in the same fashion, and had that rather alluring southern accent. That wasn't all though...the gentle roundness of her face...the bold spark in her eyes...it was her. Even after all this time, his heart skipped a beat when he saw her, and his whole body felt a bit lighter. Despite everything...he was still so very in love with her.

"Mother! There you are!" When Alastor addressed her, William's heart stopped.

"Mother...he just called her...Mother..."

"Mother, I want you to meet-"

"William..."

"Hello, Ellie...been a long time."