Have Some Vaggie and Charlie Because I Say So

"This song isn't so bad for being from the newer era." Alastor admitted as Charlie started the playlist. She'd insisted on their afternoon finally catching Alastor up on modern music.

"I'm glad you like it! It's called Escapism. It's one of Vaggie's favorites."

"Charlie-" Vaggie looked embarrassed by the statement."

"It's good, Vaggie!"

"She ain't wrong." Angel Dust shrugged and looked at Vaggie, "Better than the shit that came out in my time."

"Here." Charlie held her hand out to Vaggie.

"What-" Vaggie's wrist was suddenly grabbed as Charlie hauled her to her feet and pulled her close, an arm looping around her waist.

"C'mon Vaggie~ Dance with me!"

"Ch-Charlie, I don't- now!?"

"Yes now!" Charlie smirked at Vaggie, making her blush, "I know you want to!"

Damn, Vaggie couldn't resist that smirk, "Fine."

"Simp~" Angel teased softly. Vaggie didn't even get a chance to glare at him as Charlie led her in a waltz, ti which Nifty eagerly started clapping.

"You two look great dancing together!"

"Nifty they're dating-" Husk was silenced when Nifty's little hand covered his mouth.

Vaggie was both embarrassed, and on the verge of swooning. Charlie always led when they danced since she had more experience, and since Vaggie admittedly liked when she was the one taking the lead. The way they fit so nicely together in the close embrace as they practically glided across the floor was a welcoming feeling to Vaggie, and she even let herself smile. She honestly became so focused on the beautiful woman she was dancing with, she didn't register her surroundings, only the music and Charlie. Hot damn was Vaggie in love.

Charlie had caught Vaggie's eye from the moment they'd met, about two years ago now. Charlie's parents had taken her out to a nice club to celebrate her 22nd birthday, a place definitely made for the upper class, despite how Charlie had insisted in a small celebration at home. Sure, she had grown up in the world of high status, but she had never felt she belonged there, and her parents never seemed able to grasp that.

Vaggie wasn't sure why she had decided to walk near that part of town, a part she had never been to before, and even today she couldn't remember what had drawn her there, yet she had ended up there anyway. She hadn't been walking long when she'd stopped at the building next to a large club full of deafened noise, but that noise wasn't why she had stopped. In the alleyway between the club and the building Vaggie had stopped by was a young lady in a stunning knee length dress the same shade as the purplish red Vaggie remembered seeing when the sun would set in the world above. For someone of noble birth, it was a plain dress, but to Vaggie, the woman wearing it made it look like a dress fit for a queen. Charlie's beauty was so breathtaking, it took Vaggie a moment to realize she was crying.

———

"Hey, you okay?" Vaggie asked as she sat next to the crying lady.

"Oh-" Charlie wiped her eyes when she noticed someone else next to her, "I-I'm sorry, am I disturbing you?"

"No, but are you okay?" The fact that this girl was crying and asking if she was disturbing Vaggie had the one eyed soul confused.

"I...I have been better..."

"Bad day?"

"My parents...mostly my dad..."

"Oh..." Vaggie looked away, she had experience with parents ruining things.

"I just wanted to stay home...I didn't even want to come here..." Charlie rubbed her arms, "Everyone in there is so sleezy..."

"If it's not to personal, why did your parents make you come here?"

"Huh?" Charlie looked up at Vaggie, pure confusion drawn out on her face, "You...you don't know me?" This was a first for Charlie, not being recognized for who she was. It was a nice change of pace from the stares and side glances she had started to grow accustomed to.

Vaggie took a moment, really looking Charlie before smiling gently, "I do now, but that doesn't matter." She offered her hand to the princess, "Let's get out of here. I know a nice little place that serves great tamales."

———

As they danced around the room, Vaggie smiled brightly, so brightly that Angel's jaw dropped. Never in a million years would she have guessed that pretty girl crying in an alley would have brought a light to her afterlife. It was...honestly a dream she didn't know she wanted to be true.