𝑭𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝑰𝒕 𝑻𝒊𝒍 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑴𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝑰𝒕

"Ladies and gentlemen, your master of ceremonies, Caesar Flickerman!" The announcer yells to the applause of the crowd

"Ladies and gentlemen, your master of ceremonies, Caesar Flickerman!" The announcer yells to the applause of the crowd. This year his hair has been dyed a flaming hot red and he wears a bold maroon suit to match.

"Thank you! Thank you!" He bows graciously to the audience, soaking in the excitement from the audience. "Welcome, welcome... to the 66th Annual Hunger Games!" Thunderous applause follows his words as the Capitol waits with anticipation. "Now, in about 5 minutes, they're all going to be out here. All of the Tributes that you've heard about. Are you excited?!"

Dahlia tugs at the neckline of her dress, which is strapless and dips rather precariously. The tight corset-like bodice ensures that nothing will fall down but she can't help but feel exposed. At least Juno had the decency to provide her with gloves and a full-length gown... unhelpfully the gloves were made of black lace and the fabric had a slit in the leg, so that did little to ease her worries. Juno also decorated her neck with strings of pearls to make the look feel elegant and sophisticated, yet Dahlia felt anything but. She could barely walk in the bedazzled, strappy heels she'd been forced into and her feet hurt just standing still. All the other female tributes were dressed colourfully, like those of the Capitol. But the Black Dahlia must remain in her signature colour.

Cove sent her an approving smile and Dahlia returned the gesture with a discreet thumbs up. The District Four girl was wearing a gorgeous royal blue gown, the darkest colour besides Dahlia. It had beautiful beading which shimmered like a mermaid tail and blue fabric flowing out from her shoulders as if it was following the water current. Her team was obviously trying to sell the graceful but deadly persona for her. She was older and more experienced, but still had beauty which could not be ignored. Everyone was set on making an impression tonight.

The line in front of her slowly disappeared, one by one the Careers displayed their confidence for the crowd. District Three gave lengthy detailed answers to each question while Cove didn't need to act at all. She was her usual kind but witty self. Then Caspian, Cove's district partner, was called up before Dahlia and the nerves started to sink in. This was the worst part. She could smile and wave as much as she likes, but would she be able to pull this off when the cameras were focused on her? She didn't have much time to wonder as a man dressed in a black suit ushered her forward and guided her to the edge of the stage.

"Now, a special treat for us all." Caesar declares as Dahlia grew grateful for the gloves hiding her sweating hands. "From District Five, we have a tribute who is already making a name for herself here in the Capitol. Please welcome... The Black Dahlia!" She slips into character, strutting onto the stage with a wide grin. The audience roars and cheers in response as Dahlia grips onto Caesar's outstretched hand. "Welcome, my dear. You look fabulous!"

"Oh, Caesar, are you sure you're not talking about yourself?" Dahlia replies, to which the crowd and Caesar chuckle. "Go on, give us a spin." Caesar fumbles for words as the audience cheers encouragingly. It doesn't take much for the man to give in and twirl around for them all. "Gorgeous, Caesar! You put us all to shame."