𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝑳𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑺𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒓

The Black Dahlia was no longer regarded as a human

The Black Dahlia was no longer regarded as a human. Under the Madame's strict instruction she was treated like a savage animal until eventually, that is what she became. She was taught to feel only anger yet was punished whenever she tried to release this fury. She was taught to attack first and ask questions later, yet was never permitted to defend herself from the harshness of her trainer. She was conditioned not to fear anything, yet the sight of the Madame sent a rush of dread through her body. This left the Black Dahlia's mind fractured and conflicted, but it was all she knew... Or at least, all she could remember.

"You were betrayed by the people you trusted. Left behind to die." The Madame had explained coldly to the girl as she stood to attention in the training facility. "You were only saved by the mercy of our good President. He saw potential where others saw darkness. Through your missions, you will help to keep the peace."

The Black Dahlia believed every word. Her skills would be used for the greater good. She was on the right side of the war, anyone who thought otherwise was a traitor and it was her duty to dispose of them.

"You are the footsoldier of a great empire." The Madame drilled these words into her, ensuring the girl's complete and utter devotion to the cause. "You are under our control. You will only answer to our demands. You will listen to no one else. Do you understand, Black Dahlia?"

And the Black Dahlia would diligently reply, "I understand, Madame."

At long last, through mental manipulation and physical discipline, Snow got exactly what he wanted. A heartless monster under his complete control. His perfect soldier. Resilient, skilled, deadly. And without wasting anymore time, he was quick to put her loyalty to the test. Her first task was an opportunity to make her presence known to the public; standing guard for Peeta Mellark as he addressed the nation.

•------•°•✿•°•------•

The familiar fanfare of the Capitol's anthem rang out through the cafeteria of District Thirteen, alerting all those inside to the broadcast coming from the screen. Katniss was among the watchful gazes, the unexpected tune an unusual but welcome break from the internal debates ravaging her mind.

"Hello. Good evening. And a big welcome to all in Panem." Caesar Flickerman's voice echoed out, devoid of its usual flamboyance as the uncharacteristically stern man appeared before them. "I'm Caesar Flickerman. And whoever you are, whatever it is you're doing, if you're working, put down your work. If you're having dinner, stop having dinner. Because you are going to want to witness this tonight." The tension in the room was evident, many people glaring at the audacious man who dared to give out orders. "There has been rampant speculation about what really happened in the Quarter Quell. And here to shed a little light on the subject for us is a very special guest. Please welcome... Mr Peeta Mellark."

Katniss gasped as she got her first glimpse of Peeta since they bid goodbye in the arena. He was clothed in a pristine white suit, blonde hair neatly combed and skin unblemished. He didn't look at all how she would expect a captive to be. He seemed almost comfortable, and unharmed. Whether that was good or bad, Katniss wasn't sure. But the real shock came from the person positioned right behind Peeta.