𝑨𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍 𝑶𝒇 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉

"Her first test was a success, would you not agree?" The Madame questioned smugly with one eyebrow quirked at the powerful man before her

"Her first test was a success, would you not agree?" The Madame questioned smugly with one eyebrow quirked at the powerful man before her. An image of the Black Dahlia standing fiercely behind Peeta was frozen on the screen for the pair to view with judgemental eyes and assess the outcome of their experiment.

President Snow hummed, leaning forward to rest his clasped hands on the desk as he replied, "I did not go through the troubles of erasing all parts of her former self just to have her assume the role of a common peacekeeper."

"I assure you, President Snow, she will not fail you." The Madame stated assertively, confident that her methods would yield impressive results. It wasn't that she had faith in the Black Dahlia herself, moreso that she trusted her own ability to create unstoppable weapons. There was no way her project would be deemed unsuccessful. "Put her in the field."

A silence settled among the two as the President pondered over the Madame's demand. The Black Dahlia had endured weeks of extensive training in various types of weaponry and combat, including improvements to her stealth and speed. She now had the battle skills to back up her fighting spirit and the Madame had ensured she would only answer to them. There was no opponent who could match her prowess now, no task she could not complete efficiently. But Snow had a mission up his sleeve that would truly test her limits.

"There is a Capitol citizen who I've been keeping a close eye on." Snow confessed to the woman who smirked in victory. "She sympathises with these... radicals." The word was practically spat from his mouth as he shook his head in aggravation. "She's been selling stolen goods to help fund their struggle. I want her dealt with."

The devious Madame nodded her understanding, struggling to contain the smug sneer on her face as a picture of the target flashed up on the screen. "The Black Dahlia will ensure an example is made of this traitor." She declared assertively, already revelling in the destruction her soldier would wreak on their enemies. "This project will be a success."

"For your sake, it had better be." Snow muttered lowly with a threatening edge to his voice. "I've put a lot of trust in you, Madame. I took a chance on your methods when no one else would and now I expect to see results."

"Yes, President Snow." The Madame bowed her head and dismissed herself from the room with long strides, ready to unleash the Black Dahlia on her first mission.

President Snow watched the woman leave with an impassive expression before flitting his eyes over to the face of the traitor. She once was a loyal citizen, a devoted servant to the Capitol and the Games. It was disappointing that one of his own had turned her back on everything she knew, but even the most faithful can lose their way. No one is exempt from the consequences of their treachery. So the traitor must die.

•------•°•✿•°•------•

The Black Dahlia crouched on the edge of a rooftop just across from the apartment building of her target. Her white suit stood out against the inky black sky, silhouetting her like an angel of death in the night. But her dark eyes were burning like the coals of District Twelve, a pair of glowing embers peeking above the restraints of her muzzle. This was her first taste of freedom but she couldn't take the time to savour it.