Chapter 4 - Fitting In

Chapter 4 

I signed into a hotel for the night and was shown to my room by a lovely lady.

“Enjoy your stay ma’am” she said with a sweet smile, enhancing her dimples.

I smiled back and walked into my room. A richly quilted double bed rested in the middle of the room and there was a compact desk in the corner connecting to a small kitchen table and mini-fridge. The other side opened out to a balcony. I dumped my luggage into a corner and yanked back the shy curtains revealing the most breathtaking view of London. The beautiful city was blinking with lights and the roads trailed their way far beyond the eye could see. Overhead, the moon shone brightly, as I absorbed the beauty beheld in front of me. I couldn’t believe I was actually here.

***

I had unpacked everything and had sunken into my bed stretching out my legs when I remembered the note. I reached over into my pack and fished it out.

Picking it up and unfolding it again, I scanned through it and grab my phone, feeding his number into it. You never knew when you would need someone and so far, he was the only person I knew in London. 

I had just saved his contact when I looked at the time ; 1:46am. My eyelids were starting to droop and before I knew it, my phone had slid from my grasp and the tiredness and jet lag were too overwhelming for me to withstand…

***

“BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!”

I awoke to my deafening alarm startling me awake and almost rolled off the bed in an attempt to shut it up. I stretched my muscles allowing me to relax. 

"This is it!" I squeaked in excitement! 

Grabbing my towel and clothes I jumped into the shower, letting the London water cleanse me. Whilst washing, my thoughts wondered back to the events of the previous day. I'd left my family for the first time to come study on the otherside of the world! I'd left my gorgeous little sister Emily and my parents...I remember saying goodbye with tears welling in my eyes. I had kept reminding myself that it wasn't really a goodbye, just like I had told Em; Don't be sad because I'm leaving, be happy that I'll be back soon. It was really me just being brave for her but in reality I was just as sad. 

Liam's POV 

 I've been spending that last 8 months, thinking all that love ever does is break, burn and end. Danielle broke my heart. She was cheating on me for months and I didn't even have a clue that it was going on. To make it even worse I found out about it through the media instead of her, I was embarrassed in front of the whole world! A lump hitched in my throat as I remembered the sudden feeling of anguish, despair and complete and utter betrayal. 

*Flashback*

"OK boys, were on in 5,4,3,2,1....And I'm here in the studio with the one and only boys of One Direction! I'm sitting here with Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne and Zayn Malik." The reporter continued. "So, how've you been liking the states so far? Met any special ladies? Do i hear romance in the air?" He asked us with a intrigued look on his face, obviously trying to get a nice scoop of gossip.

Louis answered: "Well, what we can confirm is; Harry and Niall are single and the rest of the boys and I have gorgeous ladies waiting for us back home!" I smiled at the thought of returning home to be greeted by them. Danielle was my everything, I loved her in ways that words or thoughts couldn’t describe.

The reporters face turned to an expression of confusion. "Really? Even Liam?"

His question stunned me. What did he mean even me? "Yes, Danielle and I are together."

"Even after her latest stunt? It’s been all around the Internet, haven’t you seen…?." The reporter asked again.

My heart was pounding hard. What was this guy talking about? What stunt? How did it have anything to do with my Danielle? "Sorry, what are you talking about?

"This...." He handed me a photo.

My heart skipped a beat, I felt sick...it couldn't be her. No....but wait, I'd recognise those curls anywhere. It was her. I felt like I was drowning, because in that picture I could see Danielle snogging, more like swallowing this guy I've never seen in my life. I was filled with rage and my head was flooded with thoughts. Why? What had I done? Did she not love me? Was she using me? How long were they....Had they....? I shook the thoughts from my head.

The other boys were looking at me with deep sorrow. 

"Liam, are you OK?" Harry asked.

Louis signalled to the reporter to stop filming.

"And we'll be back with more One Direction shortly." 

I stormed out the room, letting the tears gush down my face. My throat felt tight, the sense of betrayal was overwhelming....

*End Flashback*