Chapter 2 - The Flight

Credit goes to my friend Tany for writing the majority or this chapter. 

Now before you read on, I would like to ask you to not give up on this story yet!! It starts off iffy and I will probably need to go back and edit, but I promise you...not a normal fan fic. SHIT is gonna go down and I need you to stay with me!!!! Please read on! xx

Chapter 2

Nat's POV

'Just 23hrs until I got to London, 23hrs before I started my adventure, 23hrs before British hunks, 23hrs before -'  my dreamy thoughts were interrupted by a female flight attendant's voice over the loud speaker.

"QF9 direct to London is now boarding. All Passengers with tickets rows D-K please line up and present your boarding passes. That is all passengers with tickets row D-K please line up and present your boarding passes."

I scurried towards a checkpoint and handed over my boarding pass to the flight attendant who had a plastered smile across her face and blood red lipstick smeared across her lips.

“There you go ma’am. Enjoy your flight!” she chirped.

Butterflies filled my stomach as I boarded the plane and searched for my seat. When I found row D-K I looked around. The seat next to me was occupied by a ginormous bulky figure whose arm flab was enough to suffocate me if I sat down and the opposite side was taken by a snoring lady and occasionally snorting in her sleep. I sighed. My first flight ever was going to be in a 23 hr economy class cramped seat where I would either be squashed to death, or suffer sleep deprivation thanks to a snoring lady.

No, this was not the enjoyable journey I had in mind.

I beckoned over the nearest flight attendant who also happened to be a cute British boy and slapped on my sweetest smile.

“Hey, um do you have any other available seats in this aeroplane at all?” I asked.

“One minute Miss I’ll have a look”

He came back two minutes later;

“I believe you’re in luck. A passenger just pulled out and we have a spare seat in business.”

My eyes widened and I praised my luck.

“Oh that would be lovely! Thank you!” I said, perhaps a little too enthusiastically.

I followed him as we weaved through cabins and finally reached business. I looked around in awe. It was a massive step up from economy to business class and my mouth dropped open as I eyed my luxurious leather seat.

He smiled at me; 

“Enjoy your flight” and with that I was left to admire all the posh fittings and unnecessary luxuries on my seat.

I sunk into my chair, resting my legs up and indulged in the moment. I finally let loose; a day of packing and running around had left me more exhausted than I thought 

“Enjoying yourself there?”

My eyes shot open and I spotted the voice. I jumped in surprise, my cheeks turning a shade of slight pink. The owner looked at me curiously and  ran his hand over his short, spiky hair.

I was left ogling at him; probably a little too obviously and a smirk played at his lips as I scanned his handsome features. I turned a shade of crimson, a stupid grin on my lips and I looked at my feet.

When I looked back up at him again, his smile was still cheeky yet friendly. I decided to pluck up some courage and held out my hand;

“Hey, I’m Nat”