Chapter 9 - Juggling the Chances

A/N As I said before I'm so sorry for such a long wait on such a short chapter! This was originally intended as a filler....but oh well. :) Chapter 10 will be posted within the next 24 hours. PROMISE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam's POV

What was I thinking, trying to kiss her? And Louis…. didn’t he know how to knock? 

I pulled a hand through my hair and looked over at Nat in the passenger seat. We hadn't spoken throughout the entirety of the car ride and we were almost at the Uni. The silence was becoming prolonged and awkward. I decided to break the silence.

"So....how did you like the gang?" I manage.

Nat didn't respond. 

"Nat? Is everything OK....?" I was worried, why was she ignoring me?

"Huh? Oh sorry Liam! What was that?" 

 "How did you like the gang?" I chuckled.

"Well, they are a loud and bouncy group! And I already knew Eleanor...I room with her. They're really fun, I love ‘em."

"Really? That's great, coz they really liked you!" 

I pull up at the university and quickly get out of my seat to open the door for Nat. 

"Thanks Lili,” she said with a cheeky smirk, “but you don't have to open the door for me, I'm fully capable!" She teased whilst blushing.

"It's nothing Nat." I smiled at her whilst closing the door, slightly amused at her calling me ‘Lili’. "Now I would come with you inside but Paul would get mad that I'm putting myself in direct danger." I pause at her questioning look.

"Paul...He's our security guard." I clarify and she smiles.

"That's alright Liam. I had lots of fun today, thank you. I feel like I have finally become a part of this city."

'I'm so glad to hear that. Bye Natalie..." I wave smiling. 

She starts walking away into the school grounds. 

As she turned and walked away I was fighting a mental battle. 'Come on Liam! DO SOMETHING...say something!' I screamed mentally at myself  until I finally mustered;

"Nat..." I clear my voice. "Nat wait! Nat, please!" I boom.

Nat turned around, her eyes staring into mine and eyebrows slightly raised with a questioning look.

"Nat…um…..would you - would you like to do this again sometime? Go out with me...on a date?"

My heart was racing, was this too soon to be asking? What if she said no? I would have ruined any chance of being friends by making two moves in the same day!

I cleared these thoughts from my mind as I waited her reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Thought I would leave a cliff hanger...do you hate me? :P 

Hope you like it, this chapter is dedicated to @randomchicaz18! Yeshhhhhhh it is dedicated to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

xoxo