Chapter 5 - What Lays Beyond

Author's Note-

The picture below is where Nat goes to Uni! 

Thanks,

Love Y'all! 

Em & Tany xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liam's POV

I looked at my old photos on my phone, my memories, all of which were with Danielle. She'd become a major part of my life when we started the X-factor and now I couldn't think about her without a sick, sour taste reaching my mouth. 

On the other hand, all of us boys had finally reunited. Zayn and Niall had finally arrived and we were heading to the studio to rehearse the acoustic version of 'Irresistible’ requested especially by Radio 1 listeners, and since we had nothing planned for this week, we'd decided to accept the gig. 

Lost in thought, I hadn’t realised the van had come to a halt and when I looked up through the van's tinted windows my jaw almost dropped open. There has to be about 300 people out there, I couldn't believe it! We hadn't even given out the details of the venue...I would never understand how these girls managed to find us every time! Their cheers uplifted me from my depressed state and now, I was buzzing.

Paul opened the door and we all walked out, smiling at our beloved fans as we made our way to the back entrance of the studio. These people were the reason we were here. The reason I was who I was.

Nat's POV

I took the key and placed it into the lock of my new dorm. I was a flood of emotions at this whole change in my life. I was nervous, excited, anxious but pumped. An indescribable feeling washed over me, sending shivers down my spine as I pushed open the door.

Looking around, I notice a desk sitting in the corner, next to one of 3 other beds in the room. To the left of the beds there is a massive closet with ready coat hangers and an iron inside. Besides a few other items in the room, it was pretty bland. Note to self: Go shop for decorations. 

I immediately picked the bed on the right side of the room, because of a window overlooking the university grounds and look out of it. 

Manchester reminds me of Hogwarts. 

The old, tall buildings that towered over everything, giving it a secure, dominant feeling made me feel somewhat….safe. This was going to be my home away from home. 

I walked over to the pin board over my desk, where I looked at a sheet that listed my new roommates. 

‘Abby and Eleanor’ I read out.

Cool.

Liam's POV

The music trilled out and Harry started to sing:

"Don't, try to make me stay. Or ask if I'm OK, I don't have the answer.” His husky voice driving the song. "Don't make me stay the night, or ask if I'm alright, I don't have the answer."

It was my solo. "Heartache doesn't last forever, I'll say I'm fine, Midnight ain't no time for laughing, When you say goodb-"

"Stop boys, stop! That was great, you're both sounding amazing but Liam you're slurring a little and Harry you were a bit flat on your last E, actually all of the E's so far. Work on that." Our manager paused. "Now, lets quickly run over the chorus before we take a quick break, Lets go -1…2…3."

"It makes your lips so kissable, and your kiss unmissable, your fingertips so touchable, and your eyes irresistible."

Niall sang on; “I've tried to ask myself, should I see someone else? I wish I knew the answer”

After Harry finished his line, I told myself to sink in and wash out into the music. So I let go of all other thoughts and gave up resisting the urge to lose all contact with reality…

Nat’ POV

Books and clothes scattered all around me, I lay in the middle of my bed trying to organise my belongings when there is a knock at the door. I look up in time to see a little head poking around the corner of the door which has been opened up a few inches. 

“Hi! I’m Eleanor…I think I’m meant to be rooming here?” she questioned, as she creaked open the door bringing in her luggage.

“Hey, I’m Nat, and I guess I’m your new roomie girl” I smiled at her, taking in a moment to examine her.

I looked her up and down – she was utterly gorgeous! A pang of jealously stung me as I poured over her luscious brown waves draping down in waterfalls around her plump face. She was slim with a body fit for a supermodel, and by the looks of it; she had a great sense of style. 

Her infectious grin stretched from one ear to the other bringing out her cute dimples and long lashes. She moved over and arranged her bags neatly next to the middle bed, not a second later, collapsing onto the soft sheets and closing her eyes.

I went back to folding and putting away my clothes when she sat up;

“Where are you from?”

“Australia,” I replied “you?”

She smiled “born and brought up here”

“Cool”

“Hey, this is my third year, I can help you round if you like? We have similar classes”

“Yes please!” I said “can’t wait for sociology lecture first session” I sighed

She chuckled

“ Sit near the back with me, believe me, he won’t notice you doze off” she offered

And with that, I knew somewhere deep down, we were simply going to be best friends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaargh Eleanors here and shes rooming with Nat! I wonder how Nat will find out about who Liam really is...or how she will react when El and her start talking about the boyz.... 

Thank you all so much for reading! The next chapter wil be up at 10 votes so I need 2 more! C'mon guys! You can do it! Love you all, Em & Tany