Episode 9: Conflicted Sisters

••••

"The Monster's Association is much bigger and more powerful than we anticipated, their hidden lair is a complete massacre of demonic beings and destruction, all stuck together into one box....ready to blow at any second. Their leader, Orochi, who calls himself the king of monsters is the root cause of all these attacks, not only that...he's also been the main producer of the monster cells that house the ability to monsterize any human that eats them. They're not just mindless beasts on the move anymore, they're a genuine threat and we have to act. Now. They mean it when they say they can destroy the country if they want to and we need to eradicate them all before they even have the thought...this isn't a case for the S ranks anymore, this is a call to all heroes available and ready. The Hero's Association is making a full call to arms, we are heading into a war...so be prepared."

Saro's country wide message was delivered to every hero registered to the Association. From a low C class to Amai Mask, all heard his call...what was left now was to respond and take action.

°
°
°

The plans were briefed, the heroes were informed and the world was now in a silent state of a ticking bomb.

Many of the S ranks were more preoccupied because of their previous failure but not with protecting more association staff members.

Now they went out onto the streets as a whole and fought day and night against the great threat of Monsters. A new warning was given, 3 days was all they'd get to hand over the entirety of the Association staff and the Tornado of Terror.

'Like hell that would happen.' is what all the association members thought, but in the end, if they don't attack the monsters will kill the child and they'd eventually have to resort to complying to their requests.

The heroes were all ready to attack, Amai Mask had also forced his way into the main operation of the attack.

There was still a day until the attack, a day for the heroes to mentally prepare themselves for what's to come, a day where they can take in the realization of this event, that it's possible they might just die tomorrow. This sort of thinking wasn't a hard process for most heroes as their sense of justice sought out the reason that this is what they've lived for, to die for the people.

But one didn't share such a sentiment...one who wasn't even going to battle with the other heroes. This one was suffering in her own jail of a house that she had created for herself.

Fubuki sat in her bed and faced down at the phone resting on the soft mattress. After hearing the association wide call from Saro, her mind has been full of nothing but dread and worry, worry for her friends and her sister...feel guilty for what she did to her dear Blizzard Group, the disheartened members and their betrayed expressions still haunted her still.

Of course she had second thoughts, whether her resignation was the right move or not, she's thought about it for 2 days now but her spirit was broken beyond repair, as she told herself.

But now, she was cursing herself out for wanting to try and get involved in this upcoming hero operation. After causing such a big scene and leaving the association, she has the audacity to try and interfere with their job?

'It makes no difference if I went or not...I'm a failure, a weak inconvenience to my sister and the people around me...my group was only shackled by me when they could have achieved their full potential and gone beyond, instead, they chose to stick to me and I robbed them of their chance to be anything better....I should stay out of this and stay put...My sister and Saro will make easy work of those damn monsters anyway, they don't need me...they don't need anyone. It's how it's always meant to be.' She thought, and thought and thought.