Episode 5: Cooperation

A week later

Unknown outskirts

"You picked quite an empty spot. What exactly did you plan on doing here?" Saro asked as he looked around the wide empty wasteland.

"Have you forgotten? We are supposed to be training partners." Genos said, he stood a bit further away, wearing nothing but a white tank top and jeans.

"Right but, with a field like this, I feel like you'll do more than pop and few reps with me."

"Correct." Genos suddenly assumed a fighting stance. His chest brightening up. "I'd like to spar with you, no holding back."

"That's a hefty request, you do recall what I told you about Boros, right?" Saro slipped his hands out of his pocket, now fidgeting.

"I'm aware, you don't have to use all of your powers. I'm trying to surpass my flaws and limitations in order to get stronger because they hold me back. And the only person I'd have to defeat is myself, so..." Genos' hands began charging up as well.

"I don't know about going all out but fine..." Saro whispers as he slams his foot down, crushing the ground and yelling Demon Cyborg.

Tatsumaki's Home

"....great.." the woman whispered in her bed.

She had been laying there, staring at the window since last night, quite literally. She hadn't had a single ounce of sleep ever since she laid down.

Getting up from bed, she didn't even attempt to tidy herself up as she wore a blue gown and had messy hair that complimented her dark eye bags.

Grumbling to herself, she poured some coffee and slumped down in her living room. Much to other people's surprise, Tatsumaki also lived in an apartment. Fans and other low ranking heroes expected someone of her status would be owning a complete estate for herself but she's never been one to have more than what she can live with.

'Another day's gone by with that idiot ruining my sleep...what is wrong with me...' She attempted to find reasons through her weakened thoughts as all she could remember was Saro's face.

'Ever since I've met him...' not a single time has she seen her without a smile. From the brink of death to a casual morning greetings.

What was so special about someone so insignificant to her? Scratch 'special', why does she care enough to have such issues at all?

'It feels so....familiar' As she told herself so, Tatsumaki recalled a warm sensation on her head, as if being petted.

familiar' As she told herself so, Tatsumaki recalled a warm sensation on her head, as if being petted