Chapter Ten: Rebirth

Previously on The Butterfly Dynasty..........

Mom, Eclipsa, your back, did you find anything.

Well, we did, alot actually, but...........

But what, Mom.

Well it might be best if we just show you.

Show me?

Why did you want to show me this? 

Just take a look at it, what do you see

It looks like.......Me Fighting..............Marco. Mom, Eclipsa, What is this?????

.

.

.

.

.

WHAT'S YET TO COME

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

What do you mean WHAT'S YET TO COME, Star questioned.

Well, in our search for a cure or solution to Marco's 'recent developments' we stumbled across this, we didn't believe it at first but the rest of the carvings seemed to prove that this one here is an event that has yet to transpire, Moon replied.

I'm sorry what carvings, Star asked.

Moon, maybe it's best if we show her the carvings, Eclipsa added.

Your right, Star come with us now, it's important that you must know, Moon said to her daughter.

No Mom, Marco needs me, I can't leave him now, not when he's like this, Star said sternly.

Star, I know how much Marco means to you, but leaving him for a little bit won't hurt him, there are others that will keep an eye on him, but please, you must know what your facing, Moon replied.

*Sigh* Alright then, I guess leaving Marco for a while won't hurt anyone, okay Mom, Eclipsa, show me these carvings, Star replied.

.

.

.

.

.

Okay, I am at complete loss, I mean I knew about carvings about Glossaryck and how the first Mewmans were actually humans, but the rest seem very creepy, knowing that everything I did, all us Butterflies did was pre determined and was destined to happen, did we not have the free will to make any choice at all, was everything a lie, was Mine and Marco's relationship always destined to happen, was "destroying" magic meant to be, *gaaahh* I don't know what's real, all this is too surreal to think about, Star said.

Star I know all this maybe new stuff, and believe me all this also questioned our understanding, but it's not all determined, I mean you were supposed to be the next queen of Mewni, ushering the same old kind of peace we were taught to bring to all the people of the land, but you wanted change, change that can benefit all beings, no matter what they look like, you defied what future you would have, Moon consoled Star.

Star looked at her mother, her eyes filled with a mix of confusion, frustration, and determination. But, Mom, if everything is already predetermined, then what's the point? What's the point of fighting, of making choices, if we're just following a script?