Chapter Two: New Beginnings

It was a brand new day in this new world, Star and Marco were ready faces whatever challenges were lying ahead, so what would be on today's agenda you ask, well...........

Star got up after a good night's sleep, and she got ready for today, sadly without magic, Star did find it unusual to get ready like how Marco does, but she knew this was the new normal, so after a somewhat difficult attempt at getting ready, she left her room to find Marco, but he wasn't in there.

Star then went downstairs to then find her boyfriend writing down something.

What writing Diaz, Star curiously asked.

Oh, it's just a rough list of what needs to be done to finally establish a new beginning for all of us, it's not much but this will at least stabilize us, Marco answered.

Oh, let me take a look at what you wrote so far, Star said.

Sure, go ahead, Marco replied.

Star then viewed what Marco jotted down this far, the following:

1. Meet up with Echo Creek officials (Political and Law Enforcement) to discuss a revamp of their laws so that it can suit all three factions (Humans, Monsters, and Mewmans).

2. Oversee construction on homes for those who lost their homes during the cleaving, luckily Echo Creek received a huge shipment of Building Materials days before being cut off.

3. Discussions with Monsters and Mewmans on how their lives will be affected now, if what they did before can contribute to now, then they move on with that, if not then all monsters and Mewmans will need to attend night school to learn about Earth life, its history, and advancements.

They will also have opportunities to take up "human jobs" that need more people, this can benefit certain fields if a monster with unique abilities takes up vacancies in certain fields.

4. Human Adults have the option to learn about Mewni's history. All Mewmans and Monsters under the age of 18 will have to attend school. Education system to receive an overhaul, Schools in Echo Creek to undergo renovations to accommodate new attendees

5. All Kingdoms of Mewni will disband their Monarchy in favor of Democracy which will comprise a 9- 12-person panel of Humans, Mewmans, and Monsters that oversees and approves all oversight of this new world.

Wow, Marco, wow, you thought of everything, this might be enough to have some sense of normalcy here, Star replied.

Well, it's something, but there is always room for improvement, Marco replied.

Oh, shoot, we're running late, quick let's grab your mom and Eclipsa, Marco said.

Sometime Later at the Mayor's Office.....

.......And that's how we settle everyone down, Monsters, Mewman and Humans.

Well, this is a start, I see no problem with this, but one question, these Mewmans do easily resemble humans, so how would we tell them apart, the mayor said.

Marco went blank, he forgot to account for the recent discovery he found under Britta's Tacos, that the first Mewmans settlers were likely Humans, so the question was, do they keep labeled as Mewmans or reclassify them as Humans?

Oh, uh, I never took that into account, it depends on what the town thinks if the Mewmans would.......

Marco was soon interrupted by Moon.

Wait, wait, Marco, what do you mean by that, Mewmans have always been Mewmans where did the idea of us Mewmans being humans come from? Moon asked.