•𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒•

I jolt up from my bed as I hear the sound of my alarm clock ringing in my ear from my bedside table.

My eyes take a while to adjust to the sunlight that was shining in my eyes along with my half awake brain.

I look over at my alarm clock to see that it was 06:00 which gave me about 1 hour to get ready.

I had a massive headache from last night which I partly remember only having a small amount of flashbacks here and there one of them being, Mattheo Riddle is going with me to go see my parents.

It could go one in two ways, extremely good or extremely bad but I'm hoping for the first option. But in all honesty, I was happy he was coming along and I find it fun to hang out with him.

Like there is something interesting about him that I am not familiar with. It's interesting to find out more about him and not what people say he is.

I snap out of thought jumping out of bed and went to get ready for the long day that was ahead of me.

~~~~

I quickly slip on my Converses and grabbed my tote bag as I hear the knock on the door which meant Mattheo is here.

I quickly grab the door nob to see him casually leaning next to my door waiting for me with his wand in his hand.

"Hey sorry for taking so long I just had to put my shoes on."I say as I lock my dorm room, him still patiently waiting for me.

"No problem."He says looking at me as I stuff my keys into my bag.

"You ready to go?"I ask nervously.

"Are you?"He asks me instead looking ahead of him as we make our way to McGonagall's office.

"Not really."I responded back chuckling in pain.

We make small talk on the way to McGonagall's office talking about the trip to my parents and the more I talk about it the more nervous I get.

We reach McGonagall's office and the both of us stop in front of the large familiar wooden door. I take a deep breath in before knowing on the door.

It swings open to reveal McGonagall sitting at her desk with multiple papers in front of her.

"Hello y/n I was just expecting you-."She says but quickly stops when she looks up from the papers to find Mattheo next to me.

"Riddle what a surprise to find you here."She says smiling at him but sometimes is off about the sudden change of her mood.

"Hello to you to McGonagall."He says as the same expressionless emotion finds its way to his face.

"Oh I'm sorry for not telling you earlier but is it fine if Mattheo joins, I think it would be fun to have some company."I ask awkwardly.

"Not a problem but I must inform you the time is ticking so you better get going."She says grabbing a bottle from her desk.

"How are we supposed to get to London."I ask confused.

"Floo powder of course."She says handing me the bottle.

"Floo what now."I ask confused eying the bottle with green powder in her hand.

She goes on the explain floo powder and how to use it since I had no knowledge of it or how to use it.

From what I can understand, I am supposed to stand in the fireplace, throw the power and say the name of the place I want to be which is "the coffee corner".

It's a small coffee shop just around the corner from my house and apparently it is owned by one of McGonagall's old friends who is also a wizard.

It is so strange how I have never noticed that witches and wizard's live among normal people.

"Got it."McGonagall says snapping me out of thought when she finished explaining what to do.I nod my head in understatement the nerves started kicking in.

"Great then you better get going."She says gesturing to the fireplace in her office.

I look over to the strange and unique fireplace that I have only seen in old building.Along the side of the fireplace there were wooden engravingments with beautiful shapes and patterns.

I look up at mattheo who was standing behind me as I hand him the powder gesturing for him to go first.

He walks over to the fireplace putting some of the power in his and giving me the bottle.

He mumble the name of the coffee shop while throwing the powder and suddenly there was a green flame that emerged causing there to be no sight of him.

I take a deep breath in and made my way to the fireplace throwing some of the green powder in my hand.

"Keep that bottle and use it to come back and y/n I expect you to be back whenever your ready but please be safe."she says looking up at me with a tight smile.

"Will do."I say as I place the bottle of floo powder in my pocket.

I say the name of the coffee shop while throwing the floo powder shutting my eyes close expecting the worst but I suddenly hear a soft melody of a piano along with chatter which causes me open my eyes.

I am suddenly greeted with the familiar surroundings of the coffee shop and the strong scent of coffee that lingers in the air.

I let out a breath of relief looking over to the door to see Mattheo leaning against it waiting for me.

"That was fucking weird."I say making my way out of the fireplace dusting myself off.

"You will get used to it."He says pushing himself of the door.

The fireplace was away from the seating of the coffee shop so there was nobody that could see us, almost like an abandoned room.

We make our way out of the coffee shop passing multiple people working and chatting.

I let out a shaky breath when we step out of the coffee shop as I am greeted with the familiar street that I grew up on.

I look down the road and spot my house still the same after all these months.The memory of that horrible night comes flashing back as I shut my eyes desperate to forget them.

I open my eyes and look over at mattheo to find him already looking at me.I stare into his brown eyes and I only now realize how beautiful and deep they are, like you could get lost in them.

"We are here"I say quickly breaking eye contact realizing I have been starting for too long.

"Right."He says looking away from me into and into the street where I was looking at.

"Is there time to run and die?"I say regretting my life choice of coming here.

"Funny."He says as he begins to make his way down the street with his hands in the pocket of his black suit.

"Was no joking but I'll take that as a no."I say following behind him.

"Which house is yours."He asks stopping in his tracks to wait for me to catch up.

"That white one there."I say pointing to the familiar house I grew up in while standing next to him.

"Well are u ready?"He asks looking down at me sensing my nervousness.

"Ready as I can ever be."I say sarcastically looking up at him.

A/N
Nah I am so sorry for the slow updates I have exams also there ain't a lot going on in this chapter but the next few will be cool so I'll try updating soon but TYSM FOR 6K READS I honestly did not things people will read this at all but I love you guys and tysm for voting and all the nice comments<3