ADHD Brain -Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus is the first person to help you when you need it, not having a problem with your ADHD.

You have a very hard time keeping your thoughts straight quite often. If you're explaining something he will help keep you on track so you don't trail off and end up somewhere completely different. You often look up and wonder what the fuck you had been talking about and he always knows because he is the best listener ever!

He is always happy to indulge whatever you happen to be hyper-fixating on that day or week whether you've taken up a new craft, you're addicted to cooking something new that you want to eat constantly or when you start new projects that don't get done until your brain starts focusing on it again which could take anywhere from days to months. The garden you started didn't get finished for 4 months even though all together it took you about 3 days of work.

He never minds and he never picks on you when you don't finish, even when something is genuinely funny, he's the only person in your life that has never laughed at you. You often feel the need to apologize but he won't hear of it. You're jealous of how he has a passion that he could do every day all the time and be happy but you tried painting with him and...it didn't go well at all.

He is the KING of finding your lost items! Keys, phone, lighters, the TV remote in his room which you often leave on the bathroom sink whenever you walk into the room and forget what you were already looking for. He'll often see you walk into whatever room he's in and look around stumped, you having forgotten as soon as you crossed the threshold what you were either going to do or say.

He will hold your hand to stop you from picking at your nails, or biting them, ignoring the bouncing of your leg as you constantly need to fidget and move in some way. He buys you a lot of fidget items to keep you distracted when he has a meeting or something you need to come to, your favorite being an infinity cube.

You're not overly talkative but you often get lost in thoughts and can just stare at a wall for 5 hours and dissociate completely, randomly blurting out whatever is on your mind and often completely startling him.

Klaus gives you daily tasks you have to do, not many so it doesn't overwhelm you but something every day to make you feel accomplished, he knows it makes you feel good is all. He also doesn't let you pay attention to money, handling all of the bills and refusing to talk to you about dollar amounts as your inability to manage money is truly astounding at times and you end up feeling awful about yourself when you overspend.

Klaus keeps you on task when cleaning something since you'll jump from one thing to 5 when you notice it needs to be done.  He once found you sweeping the attic when you were just supposed to do the dishes! He will also clean up some things for you since he knows you often feel embarrassed of how messy you can be.

Klaus knows how overwhelmed you can feel and how some days your brain is moving so fast it gives you a migraine and you can't do anything at all. He slows you down on those days, whether that's helping you by getting you a joint and letting you smoke or making you some food and snuggling in bed with a movie on. It doesn't always work but you appreciate the effort and you try to calm yourself enough to take a nap in his arms.

Your hybrid boyfriend has been more understanding of you than anyone else in your life and even when you inconvenience him he never makes you feel bad about it, understanding that you never do anything to make things harder on purpose. For every difficulty you bring into a relationship you bring 10 more positive things that he adores. The things you usually do to seem 'normal' to other people he tries to stop you from doing with him, allowing you to fidget, not minding when you go on a rant and trying to get you to voice your thoughts even when you think they're dumb because quite often you actually have great ideas and you suppress them because you doubt them.

There is no judgment in your relationship and the both of you needed that your whole lives, bringing something to each other that you simply adore.